Interactions is a uniquely focused company with proven expertise in providing customized in-store selling and sampling events for our clients. Since our inception in 1988, we have been influencing consumer buying decisions by creating experiences that build awareness and trust for a variety of products.
Our mission is to provide high quality events and marketing services to our suppliers, with the intent of improving sales through promoting product trial in a friendly, professional style. Our intention is to create experiences and consumer awareness that will increase sales not just during the event but for months to follow.
The Business Manager is the key strategic leader for one segment of the Interactions business. He/she will work closely with our business partner, a grocery retailer, to plan and sell in-store sampling events which includes but is not limited to demonstrations, grand openings and community events. Vital to the success of this role is to establish and maintain a strong relationship with the retailer at all levels as well as their supplier partners. They will also develop internal relationships with team members and leverage company resources such as operations, marketing, procurement and human resources. The Business Manager will oversee and provide clear communication for all sampling events from conception, through execution and reporting. The Business Manager is responsible for managing team member/s that work on-site to support, plan, manage, operate and execute the program.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions:
- Create, establish and maintain strong relationships with customer’s upper Management, Marketing and Merchandising teams as well as Store Management
- Work closely with CPG companies associated with the retailer to sell them in-store promotional sampling events
- Drive sales development and strategies for business growth to meet both immediate and long term needs
- Develop, monitor and manage business plans to meet objectives and execute accountability, roles, targets, budget, and manageable expenses
- Support business initiatives that meet company and customer demand plans; establish and implement key performance objectives and metrics to track execution; identify quality, quantity and financial targets
- Manage, train, mentor and inspire on-site account team
- Partner with San Diego Resource Center in the development and monitoring of the scheduling process for successful events
- Ensure value of standard operating procedures, space utilization and quality of events by conducting routine store visits
- Attend high profile customer events and interact with key customer leadership and supplier representatives
- Perform other related duties as assigned
We are looking for an individual with a sales background. The ideal candidate will have four (4) years of experience in Retail Services, Experiential Marketing, Consumer Package Goods (CPG), or other relatable industry experience. Experience will preferably be at client-side, branded, CPG or combination of supplier-side and client-side experience. Candidate must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task with a sense of urgency. Bachelor of Arts degree in Business, Finance, Management or related discipline is required. A Master of Arts degree in Business, Finance or Management is a plus.
We offer great benefits, competitive salary and a challenging, positive work environment with opportunity for growth! Interactions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we work in a Drug Free Environment.
Position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all essential functions, duties and required skills. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Daymon Worldwide is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected basis under federal, state or local law.
Associates joining Daymon may be subject to pre-employment screening.