Business Leadership Program – Program Manager
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
LinkedIn is looking for a dynamic program manager to launch and run the company’s new college graduate Business Leadership Program – Global Sales (“BLP-GS”) in Chicago. The program was launched in July of 2013 and is designed to recruit and develop LinkedIn’s future sales professionals and leaders. Since its launch, BLP-GS has hired and on-boarded ~315 Associates, primarily in San Francisco and Dublin. This coming summer, we are launching BLP-GS in Chicago where we will start, rotate and place Associates into Sales Development.
Leading up to the launch in Chicago, the PM will help lead the planning efforts for the launch, develop a key stakeholder map, partner cross functionally with our rotation partners and Sales Development, and build and execute against a communications plan. In July and October 2018 and in subsequent years, the PM will welcome our newest Associates, oversee their experience at LinkedIn, liaise with stakeholders to deliver rotations, provide mentorship and coaching to Associates, and develop a deep sense of community within the office. The PM will also be responsible for contributing to, and potentially leading, program recruiting efforts.
The candidate must demonstrate skills related to creating and implementing business operations, processes and metrics, with a strong sense of how to manage numerous work streams at once. He/she must be capable of communicating effectively with early in career professionals to senior executives. Sales experience or a deep understanding of sales methodology is key, as the individual will help ready Associates for their full-time role in Sales Development and inspire them towards a career in sales.
Finally, this person should excel at building trust, and providing mentorship for Associates in the program. This role is a potential stepping stone towards more senior level PM roles, leading the program regionally or globally, Sales Development / Sales leadership, sales support or other functions.
- Leads the end to end program in Chicago including all operational efforts including onboarding, oversight of core rotations, and placement into Sales Development
- Partner closely with Talent Acquisition on building out and executing our strategy regarding how we will find, attract and develop world class new college grad talent
- Partner with other PMs to deliver and improve rotations and training curriculum to help prepare and build context for Associates in a professional setting and for his/her future role in Sales Development
- Inspire Associates to become business leaders, and create an environment that creates lasting bonds and welcomes diverse perspectives
- Builds cross-functional relationships that helps Associates and Alumni successfully flow throughout the organization
- Oversees and approves special projects designed at improving BLP-GS
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of relevant in experience (e.g. sales, sales readiness, sales leadership, rotational programs, program management, management consulting)
- Experience with rotational programs and training methodologies is a plus
- Experience working in high-growth, collaborative, and performance focused environments
- A demonstrated track record of high performance and exceeding objectives and key results
- First class presentation, communication, planning, operational and leadership skills
- A demonstrated passion for transforming others
- Previous experience in recruitment and/or campus recruiting
- Proficient at building strong, lasting relationships and navigating through discussions with stakeholder/leadership discussions