The Business Intelligence/SQL Developer will collaborate with team members in order to support and develop the data warehouse, BI reports and dashboards. Will design and develop ETL structures using SSIS in SQL Server environments. Works closely with business units on various projects to integrate systems.
- Develops SQL objects including SSIS packages, T-SQL, stored procedures, views, functions, and complex queries.
- Builds reports and dashboards to provide BI solutions to meet the user requirements.
- Provides support to end users and management for application and system issues.
- Creates and updates documents and Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) relating to projects being developed. Collaborates with end users to define requirements for system and process enhancements.
- Optimizes database access and allocating/re-allocating resources for optimal configuration, performance, and system utilization.
- Reviews system logs to identify signs of potential problems.
- Participates in on-call rotation and responds to critical database incidents.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, IT, Computer Science or equivalent related experiencerequired.
- 2 or more years of advanced experiencerequired of SQL Server programming including T-SQL skills, SSIS, writing efficient queries, views, indexes, stored procedures and functions within SQL Server.
- Experience in banking or otherfinancial services field preferred.
- Strong understanding of databasearchitecture, theories, principals, and practices.
- A solid understanding of data warehousing concepts and principles, including ETL load processes.
- Working knowledge of change management and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Experience with SharePoint, SSRS and SSAS a plus.
- Knowledgeable of data modeling both relational and dimensional databases.
- Some experience with physical and logical databasedesign in a SQL Server environment.
- Familiar with developing data warehouse and data-marts.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Excellent analytical, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be self-motivated with strong attention to detail and accountability.
- Must be available to work on-call rotations and respond to incidents outside of standard business hours.