South Portland, ME
Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 39 days ago
Manage a diverse portfolio of business activities/reporting. As the top specialist this role is responsible to provide the design/development of complex reports, dashboards and scorecards to support business needs; ensure alignment of metrics across the organization. Acts a technical working lead/resource to others. Work closely with senior leadership on significant projects.
• Work autonomously and accountable for acting as a lead within a specialized BI & Reporting function and may provide work direction to others
• Provide seasoned specialized knowledge, advice, and/or guidance to various stakeholders and team members
• Expert knowledge of reporting and BI platforms, tools and techniques used within enterprise and within broader industry and ability to effectively leverage it to support broad range of reporting and BI functions
• Expert at utilizing data sources across the organization with ability to integrate data across multiple platforms
• Manages communication at senior and executive level
• Work effectively across multiple business units with numerous stakeholders to deliver reporting and BI solutions
• Scope of role may have enterprise impact
• Generally focus on broad range of complex issues that may span from medium long term issues (e.g. 6-12 months)
• Undertake and complete a variety of complex projects and initiatives requiring specialist knowledge and/or the integration of cross functional processes within own area of expertise
• Oversee and/or independently perform tasks from end to end
• Generally reports to a Senior Manager or executive role
• Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
• Undergraduate degree or technical certificate
• 7+ years relevant experience
• Hands-on experience with at least one of the following:
o Tableau Desktop/Server (v.10+)
o Alteryx Designer
• Strong SQL skills including writing complex queries and using tools such as SQL Management Studio, SQL Developer, TOAD or other to query and extract data from data warehouses
• Any background with other BI & Reporting tools and platforms such as Oracle Hyperion Essbase, IBM TM1, Hadoop will be considered as a big plus
• Ability to conceptualize, design and visualize process and data flows using MS Visio a big plus
• Experience in a corporate environment, preferably in an analytical role within the financial sector.
• Ability to communicate and synthesize technical and business information to technical and non-technical individual stakeholders.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with key business partners and stakeholders
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable with ambiguity and frequent context-switching in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to deliver quality work under pressure while managing multiple priorities and acting with a sense of urgency.
Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.