Analyzes, designs the framework for and participates in the development of business intelligence reports and other information objects. The primary focus of the position deals with Information Delivery and Data Analytic projects. Evaluates and recommends system and software to meet the business and support needs of the organization and establishes standards for those tools.
- Creates frameworks to provide accurate information quickly to the organization. Analyzes, designs and builds reports and assists in the creation of data marts as needed.
- Researches, finds, and evaluates new technology. Determines the best technologies to use for our environment considering future direction, risk, consistency and R.O.I.. Takes into account the technology changes have taken place over the years, and helps project the trends for the future.
- Trains and mentors programming staff on use of new technologies.
- Establishes standards. Coordinates between teams to make sure best technology practices are understood and are being followed.
- Work closely with other staff to identify levels of effort and task dependencies as assigned by the Manager. Coordinates programming efforts performed by in-house programmers or outside consultants to ensure that all programming is completed according to the project plan.
- Conducts code reviews of highly critical code or code which is using new technologies.
- Reviews incoming projects to determine if new technologies could be used to either do the job better or guide the development staff in the direction of fully utilizing new technologies.
- Maintain constant communication with customers, internal and external, to facilitate analysis and troubleshooting for production issues. Ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction with the data integration solutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A Combination ofEducation and WorkExperience May Be Considered. (Required),Bachelors:Information Technology (Required),Bachelors: Mathematics (Required),Bachelors:Statistics (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Prior experience as a report programmer/ETL Specialist in support of large-scale data warehouse and reporting projects (2TB and above). Experience researching and implementing new technological solutions in a business setting. Prefer experience using multiple databases and tools and using leading or bleeding edge technologies.- Familiarity with a broad range of database and Business Intelligence environments ? IBM Cognos, Oracle and SQL Server database being required. Working, hands-on knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts, including various forms of modeling (dimensional and relational) and warehousing strategies. The ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies while considering the business needs and direction.