The BI Specialist will provide technical expertise in the delivery of Customer Experience BI solutions within NA Customer Experience CoE team. The candidate should have a broad knowledge of various technical functions to gather requirements and specifications to develop for new and existing application systems. Collaborates with analysts from the Customer Experience team and other IS colleagues to help facilitate systems integrations and transitions. The candidate is also expected to work hands-on with data warehousing/BI technologies like SAP BusinessObjects suite, HANA, Power BI and SSAS as well as provide support to the business community for all BI related applications. This position will provide a variety of professional development opportunities in a leading-edge technology environment and team that is using some of the best products on the market to create industry leading digital experiences.
- Works with Customer Experience CoE colleagues and project sponsors/customers to successfully implement Business Intelligence Analytics applications for the business.
- Participates in major applications integration efforts, this includes but not limited to: application testing and user support of purchased package applications.
- Manage small projects and serve as assistant project manager on larger projects. (As an assistant project manager, will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities of assigned project tasks and reports on project performance, changes, scope variations, and other project related matters.)
- Provides training and support to end-users and communicates professionally with all levels of management using effective visual, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Participates on project teams on strategic long-range and highly complex projects that span the organization, crossing business unit boundaries. Participation on the project team may take the form of many different roles including but not limited to requirements gathering, tester, business user application trainer, application development.
- Serves as an Advanced Analyst in terms of technical skill and ability to consult with internal customers and external vendors in regard to trouble-shooting issues and facilitating resolution.
- Performs other duties as required
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration Systems (Master's degree in these disciplines is preferred)or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, including:
- 3+ years of Power BI development and architecture design
- 3+ years of experience working with multiple BI systems like SAP BOBJ, SAS, Microsoft SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, etc.
- Experience in data modeling (Star schema and 3 rd Normal form) and hands-on experience with dimensional modeling
- Experience with integration of SAP BOBJ and SAP BW and implementation of SAP BOBJ and Power BI on HANA
- Experience with EDW development life cycle from business requirement gathering to end solution
- Experience with Self-service BI and Agile BI development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as customer service skills
- Experience with any of the following programming/procedural languages is a plus - e.g. Python, R, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience with statistical tests, distributions, maximum likelihood estimators, etc. is a plus
- Experience with machine learning methods is a plus
- Availability for occasional travel based on client and project needs
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers
- Presentation skills that include explanation of technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization
- Adaptability to work effectively in a diverse work group, to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others
- Ability to manage/implement projects and contribute to concept development, and ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety practices and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct