Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. The business you’ll secure and the partnerships you’ll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants. ABB is seeking a Business Intelligence Specialist Manager for the Lake Mary, Florida location. Who will be Supporting the Local Product Group Marketing and support teams, by focusing on defining and implementing marketing strategies specifically aimed at developing into markets, segments, and other strategic areas. Performs various marketing analyses to enable marketing strategy development for existing and potential products & efficient DA solutions along with preparation of technical descriptions of the applied products and technology to support the proposal process.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Support supply side targets and ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning & Execution of product marketing strategies. Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
• Conduct market research to understand competitors and market trends. Generate various reports like market requirement specifications, market segment studies, and product business plan etc. to derive the needs for new product developments, product life cycle management with close working with Product Management & R&D team.
• Drive marketing activities for product promotions in domestic & export markets. Strategize various marketing activities like product seminars, trade shows, conferences and other marketing events. Drive Marketing Communication activities and development of marketing documents in line with group branding guidelines including translations for product documents for various export markets. Pricelist management for various channels to the market.
• Prepares analyses of internal sales, technical and financial data, and external market data. Interprets resulting data and makes recommendations to the product marketing and Front end sales teams. Builds analyses regarding channels, segments, geographic areas, customers, products, systems, and services.
• Maintain, manage, develop and motivate the team and other personnel capabilities to deliver the growth and market expansion to achieve targets.
• Collaborates with all related internal contacts to ensure alignment, efficiency and effectiveness in the implementation of the commercial strategy, increase attach rate with EPDS internal business and ABB SI.
• Assists in the development of marketing tools to support product marketing and FES teams. Trains FES personnel on proper use of SFDC and monitors ongoing data quality.
• Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensuring that they are communicated and implemented within all activities.
• Bachelor Degree and 8 years practical experience in the field of Marketing with Power Utility or Industrial Sector.
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering and 10 years practical experience in the field of Marketing, segment collateral development, Protection and MV application experience.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
• Sound knowledge of MS office, salesforce.com (SFDC) & basic knowledge of SAP for Sales Module.
• Knowledge of Marketing Communication & branding, knowledge of LMS (learning management systems), InDesign are added advantage (3 -5 years related experience).
• Advanced degree is preferred.
• Follow and perform duties in accordance with the ABB safety and business ethics policies.
• Candidates with work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.