Renaissance has an immediate opening for a senior analyst in our business intelligence and analytics team. This individual will work with functional area teams in providing data driven insights for decision making.
In this position, you will lead projects/tasks working with other analysts in implementing analytical reports, dashboards and interactive visualizations. You will contribute to the company’s intellectual property and will be accountable for the quality, accuracy, and reliability of the insights developed. Understanding business and operations data is critical to our success in providing our internal customers with relevant reports and insights to support their growth.
This role requires an individual with deep technical experience, excellent leadership skills, outstanding business acumen and a broad range of knowledge to work with sales, operations, marketing and finance teams, as well as senior leadership. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Consult with stakeholders in business functional areas to closely understand the analytics/business intelligence requirements that drive data-driven decision making.
- Lead the development of reports and dashboards offering insight on performance of key metrics
- Quickly develop broad and deep contextual understanding of data behind the company’s subscriptions model and Sales & Marketing funnel and serve as team lead for analytics projects, mentoring and guiding less experienced analysts.
- Imagine and develop new ways to present data that adds value and insight.
- Working with functional and project leads in Information Services and Operations to build scalable processes for automation/operationalizing of routinely consumed analytics
- Build queries and scripts/procedures to retrieve and aggregate data from multiple disparate sources into digestible and actionable formats and guide less experienced analysts in those efforts.
- Assist in the sales planning and forecasting process
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or Quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience in data/business analytics or comparable analytics position
- 5+ years relational database and SQL skills in SQL Server or other database platform and creating automated processes for data pulls and updates
- Experience with creating interactive visualizations in Tableau
- Experience in designing and delivering large cross functional custom reporting systems by managing technical teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Willingness and ability to learn, adapt and apply new technologies like Cloud computing and big data when needed
- Proven experience in BI/DW as a change leader providing strategic research, recommendations, and implementations
- Functional knowledge of Sales & Marketing funnel
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and communicate with colleagues in both business and technical roles
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
- Experience working with disparate data sources and turning them into a unified solution
- Experience with Big Data platforms and Cloud computing