Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst provides expert analytical services in support of clinical, health plan and support operations, strategies and initiatives. Responsible for navigating the wealth of data and turning it into actionable and insightful information for our business partners to deliver affordable, highly valued patient care and services. Senior BI Analyst will work directly with business leaders providing consultation and support in the development, analysis, interpretation and management of a variety of complex internal and external data sources. Draws on expertise in data analysis, health care processes and statistics, prepares dashboards and reports, applies appropriate statistical tests, provides analytical commentary and educates analytical concepts in an understandable and actionable manner.
- Operationalize business intelligence solutions and conduct advanced, timely and relevant analytics in support of business partners/leaders to identify opportunities, highlight strengths and opportunities to meet business strategies, objectives and goals. Demonstrates excellent presentation and communication skills to share findings in an understandable and actionable manner tailored to audience and customer's needs.
- Establishes strong, supportive, effective and value added relationships with assigned business partners. Communicates work plans, progress, findings and interpretations effectively with a continual focus on educating and developing analytic capability of business customers and the organization overall.
- Creates and maintain data visualizations that educate, inform and engage business partners on key metrics and performance measures. This includes establishing best practices with operations and the enterprise data warehouse teams for the creation of dynamic, scalable and effective dashboards using Business Objects or similar BI tools.
- Collaborates with enterprise data warehouse, data governance, clinical informatics and business teams on any issues relating to data quality, architecture or structure of data repositories impacting analytics. Develops and maintains appropriate, current status and documentation on projects and work products.
- Minimum five (5) years of working in an intermediate to advanced analyst role in a health care environment in direct support of business operations.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business, informatics, mathematics, statistics or related field OR five (5) years of advanced BI report development, coding, and data validation in lieu of a degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated experience with business intelligence applications (such Tableau, SAS, Cognos and Business Objects), relational databases, basic statistics and statistical interpretation of quantitative data.
- Demonstrated success in: 1) understanding what information is most valuable to advance clinical and business performance; 2) ability to communicate findings back to leaders and key contributors in a meaningful format; and 3) explaining/interpreting analytics in a language our customers (business owners) understand.
- Participate in designing and interpreting analyses of data, providing recommendations in support of critical business decisions.
- Two (2) years of experience developing training programs for business users in analytics and interpretation of statistical measures.
- Master's degree in healthcare administration, business, informatics, mathmatics, statistics or related fields.
- Strong computer skills; ability to manipulate data for analysis and proficiency with various applications including BI tools such as SQL, Tableau, SAS, and Business Objects.
- Understanding of data warehousing, relational databases, clinical and administrative systems and terminology.
- Ability to develop efficient and effective analytic methodologies and approaches to generate value; address a broad range of operational and performance issues; execute the analysis in a timely, accurate and reliable manner; communicate findings clearly and concisely to diverse business leaders, key contributors and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate proficiency with quantitative analytic methodologies, basic statistics, data reporting and business intelligence tools.
- Strong organization skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Proven ability to work independently in a complex, dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in working effectively in a team environment, as well as, communicating and interacting effectively with all level of staff/management within and outside of the organization.