In this critical role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services team, you will work closely with senior practice leaders as well as the Business Intelligence team. Your role will include providing strategic support on special projects and helping to deliver excellent service to our industries, communities and markets.
The Business Intelligence - Research Specialist, Private Equity-M&A Corporate Services position is a full-time role located in Chicago, Illinois or Dallas, Texas, and reports to the Business Intelligence Co-Lead. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
This role is expected to be at the Associate or Vice President level, internally.
- Determine new business opportunity identification/screening for the Private Equity-M&A Team.
- Identify potential prospect/target companies using a broad range of research tools.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination within Industry Teams for identification and management of prospect identification & tracking.
- Oversee development of research & analysis to support business development within the respective Industry Sector.
- Support developing major client presentations to pitch for new business opportunities.
- Conduct research and work with external research providers to ensure quality and timely delivery of financial, situation and performance analysis and research.
- Compile competitor and market intelligence to support the dissemination of intelligence to Leadership Teams.
- Provide business development and research assistance to the Enterprise Improvement group.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experiencerequired. Demonstrated strong performance in business development and/or research related role.
- Professional services or company experience in the Private Equity-M&A sector is highly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree with strong preference for a financial concentration. MBA or Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance, or Strategy preferred.
- Solid understanding of the trends, developments within the sector.
- Sound judgment, common sense, problem-solving ability.
- Strong commitment to success of team, ability to cooperate with others and work across boundaries to engage with colleagues to get things done.
- Ability to find creative and practical solutions, desire to innovate and improve status quo for betterment of the team.
- Flexible and versatile. Strong ability to shift directions and work with all levels and handle all activities, issues, and problems.
- Adept at multi-tasking within a high expectation and fast-paced environment.
- Assure the quality and timely completion and delivery of projects including prioritizing projects during peak activity times.
- English fluency required, other languages a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to work full-time in a fast-paced office environment; Must be physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day.