Eaton Vance, a leading Mutual Fund company, is looking for a BI Reporting Specialist to assist in the reporting needs for its sales distribution team. As part of the Enterprise Reporting and Analytics team the Business Intelligence Reporting Specialist will be responsible for supporting the implementation and maintenance of reports and dashboards using Tableau Desktop and Server.
The BI Specialist will be tasked with consulting with clients on business needs, translating business needs into analytics/reporting requirements, designing the most efficient solution, and interfacing with company and client to ensure successful delivery of client reporting. In addition, he/she will verify execution of changed functionality and make suggestions for improvement when needed.
- Collaborates with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Designs and builds Queries, Reports and Dashboards using Eaton Vance established frameworks and standards.
- Assists Management in the development of project timelines and documentation.
- Leads client demonstrations and requirement collection meetings, reviewing application prototypes and functionality enhancements.
- Supports and administers production applications which may include system enhancements, bug fixes and general administration.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration or Computer Science.
- 3+ years of experience working with Tableau, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) Reports and Dashboards, Hyperion System 11, Business Objects, or any other multidimensional enterprise reporting application.
- Experience in creating analytical dashboards in Tableau 10.x/2019.x using Parameters, Calculations, LOD Expressions & filters.
- Knowledge of database concepts, systems architecture, and data structures. Proficient with SQL.
- Superior written and oral communication skills are essential. A demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to provide reasonably accurate estimates for projects, based on client-provided technical and functional requirements.
- Financial Services experience preferred but not required.