Business Intelligence & Reporting Analyst
Less than 5 years experience • Financial Services
TD Auto Finance is a dynamic division within TD. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business focused on providing a robust array of automotive financing options to meet our customers’ needs as well as the needs of our dealer partners.
In Canada we also finance recreational and leisure vehicles, and serve the Prime and Non-Prime Auto market.
In the goal to become Canada’s #1 auto lender we are over 900 people strong including an external sales team located coast to coast, as well as teams in credit adjudication, funding, inside sales, loan administration, customer service, collections and recovery, and our federated functions of risk management, technology solutions, finance & human resources.
Our offices are located in Canada in Toronto, ON, Brossard, QC & Nanaimo, BC.
Reporting to Manager, Business Intelligence & Reporting, the Business Analyst will be responsible for maintaining, developing, and validating efficient business, financial, and operations reporting and business solutions in support of core organizational functions and business processes.
This individual will also be responsible for in-depth analysis of business data and will be required to provide trends and insights to Senior level management.
This includes gathering and analyzing data, maintaining and updating systems to develop reporting solutions that will support business cases, proposed projects, and initiatives directed towards meeting corporate goals and objectives.
The Business Analyst will also be responsible for driving reporting consistency amongst all operations by enforcing internal governance policies and procedures.
This individual will be required to develop strong knowledge of TD Auto Finance Canada policies, procedures, processes, and controls related to Customer Service, Collections, Remarketing, Retention and Recovery, Fraud, Investigations, Front Office Administration, and Cash Management.
• Provide analysis, assisting the business with improved strategy, across all areas of the organization, primarily Operations. Work closely with customers to understand business requirements through consultation.
• Develop appropriate methodologies for collecting, analyzing, and presenting data by extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) processes within various data sources
• Develop robust production and ad-hoc reports primarily through Teradata, MS SQL and SSIS/SSRS including dashboards, scorecards and complex reports assisting business with strategic decision making
• Streamline reports to achieve maximum optimization and automation
• Perform data testing and validation of data tables and fields within the data warehouse.
• Research new data sources and analytical tools proactively
• Seek ongoing efficiencies to enhance department performance and productivity
• Identify automation opportunities and act on them
• Monitor trends to identify opportunities for process improvements, require action/attention, further investigation
• Master data extraction and manipulation techniques. Perform data driven analytical work with strong system and business knowledge.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Math or Computer Science, or equivalent relevant experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in reporting and analytics environment as analyst or developer
• SQL Developer skills required to quickly query data and prepare summaries and reports; experience with automation using Microsoft SQL Server BI Platform (SSIS & SSRS) preferred
• Analytical Skills, time management skills, organizational skills, project management skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Automotive financing experience considered an asset
• Must possess proven communication, analytical, and problem solving skills to satisfy the business needs of all customers
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Have the skill-set to develop easy to use intuitive structured reports based on business specifications