$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Description At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation's leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we're committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you're in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education (KCE) is currently building out a new Business Intelligence solution, including an Enterprise Data Warehouse, and utilizing Microsoft SSAS/SSRS/Power BI for reporting and analytics. As part of this program, KCE is looking for a hands-on Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence Manager who thrives in a collaborative work environment. This role involves working across the entire BI lifecycle, from source data analysis, Extract Transform Load (ETL) development, through to Analysis and Reporting Services implementation, specifically with the Microsoft stack. This role will also be accountable for the build out of Amazon S3 Data Lakes and the implementation of tools needed to enable data discovery, predictive analytics and other features. In this role you will design, develop, implement and support solutions that empowers the business with timely actionable information. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, thorough in their work, and able to help build up a high competency Analytics practice with a growing team. Additionally, the candidate would act as mentor on best practices both for the development team and for the business in their acceptance of the new BI solution, helping them become more mature in terms of the understanding and correct utilization of their own data assets.
Key responsibilities include:
The primary responsibility of the Data Warehouse Manager is to lead the team in the analysis, design, programming, testing, integration and production support of the Data Services initiatives including the Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence Next Generation (BING) platform at KinderCare Education. You will also be responsible for the creation and support of data standards, repeatable processes to deliver high quality solutions, and in evaluating and recommending appropriate solutions that will help achieve corporate objective.
1. Manage and Lead a team of developers in the delivery of high value solutions
2. Collaborate with a cross functional team including QA Analysts, Business Systems Analysts and the product owner to ensure strategic alignment and high quality outcomes
3. Lead and Participate in the entire lifecycle for Business Intelligence solution delivery
4. Provide Business Intelligence solutions including analytics, dashboards and reports to support KCE in making informed decisions that increase the bottom line through improved quality and services.
5. Design, develop and deploy and tune SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular Models (SSAS) as needed
6. Design, develop and deploy SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Reports, utilizing DAX to create reportsfrom Tabular Model.
7. Design, develop and deploy ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
8. Collaborate with the Business Analysts in requirements gathering, prototyping and requirements validation. Analyze and verify technical requirements for completeness, consistency, feasibility, and testability.
9. Apply software engineering concepts and best practices to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, extensibility, and flexibility.
10. Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation to project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders.
11. Champion code quality, integrity and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices.
12. Design and develop appropriate processes and procedures to ensure proactive data quality monitoring
13. Evangelize self-service Business Intelligence and help foster an environment of information-based decisions
Qualifications Key desired skills and experience:
· BS or BA in computer science, business, or equivalent is required
· 8+ years' experience delivering Business Intelligence solutions using the MSBI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) with atleast three years as a Manager
Candidates must have analytical and problem-solving skills in addition to a good grasp of both the technical and business factors of Business Intelligence Solutions Delivery.
Strong understanding of Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse concepts, methods and tools.
Proven experience designing, developing and deploying Enterprise Business Intelligence solutions to Production.
High Proficiency in Microsoft Business Intelligence toolset, including:
SSAS (Tabular Model, DAX & MDX a must)
5+ years of data warehouse and data modeling experience including star-schema, OLAP and 3N
Expert level SQL Skills
Expertise in one or more Visualization and BI Platforms required
Prior project management experience, preferably in Agile
Write high quality code that is robust, performant, and easy to maintain
Leadership & Attitude:
Candidates should possess an attitude of lifetime learning to stay abreast of the latest technologies and practices.
Candidates should possess a strong sense of:
Pride, ownership and teamwork
Initiative, looking to proactively provide solutions, with the ability to think logically and independently
Candidates should possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able communicate with confidence in any situation.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Primary Location : US-Oregon-Portland
Work Locations : Portland Corp Office OR 650 NE Holladay Street Suite 1400 Portland 97232
Job : National Support Center
Organization : NSC
Schedule : Permanent
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time
Travel : No
Job Posting : Aug 2, 2019, 8:46:01 PM
Valid Through: 2019-10-24