PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Business Intelligence Manager is responsible for advancing the self-service delivery capability of HR reporting and analytics. He/she leads the design and implementation of self-service reporting and analytics solutions that reflects the complexity of the HR data environment and the organization.
The incumbent is an expert and thought leader for HR data visualization and analytics technology. He/she has a passion for dashboard development and data visualization and has an expert understanding of data query and blending.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with internal clients (HRBPs, COEs, and the Business) to understand, anticipate and recommend reporting and metrics needs, and design effective reporting/dashboard solutions
- Develop deep understanding of HR data model – write queries and manage data transformation to enable analytics and reporting
- Partner with HRIS and IT for ongoing development and optimization of the HR data warehouse
- Build rich and dynamic dashboards using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations to communicate insights and implications for decision making
- Review existing reporting and analytic processes to identify best practices and opportunities for improvement.
- Create, maintain, and ensure quality assurance and data accuracy of key HR datasets, reports, and dashboards
- Stay up-to-date with best practices of data visualization in the HR space and proactively identify better solutions
- Manage relationship with analytics technology and data vendors as needed.
- Ensures compliance with Data Privacy and Data Protection Guidelines.
- Mentors other staff as applicable.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Direct supervision of analysts on the team.
- BS degree in a field that emphasizes analyzing, displaying, or reporting on data (i.e., computer science, mathematics, engineering, economics, statistics, psychology); advanced degreepreferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 10+ years of related experience in business intelligence, reporting and/or analytics
- Experience in business intelligence applied to the Human Resources domain a strong plus
- Proficient in using SQL, R, SAS or similar tools for data extraction, manipulation and analyses
- 5+ years of experience wrangling production datasets in relational databases
- Experience building and maintaining a solution to collect, store, and organize data for analytics
- Demonstrated experience creating dashboards in business intelligence and analytics tools including Tableau, OBIEE, Visier or other similar tools
- Experience with Workday a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Prior data management experience.
Job ID 18000DW3