Under the direction of the Research and Business Intelligence Director, the Business Intelligence (BI) Manager supervises the operations of the Firm’s business intelligence services by serving as chief liaison with the Business Development (BD) team to determine strategic aims and develop processes and work product to support their efforts. The BI Manager will assign employees to projects, participate in the interviewing of new Business Intelligence analysts, and provide training for BI and BD team members. The Manager will develop and communicate insightful and actionable business intelligence to support strategic decision-making and business development initiatives.
- The Manager will meet regularly with the BD team to foster communication and continuously align the team’s initiatives.
- The Manager will direct the operations of the Firm’s business intelligence services. The Manager will advise and participate in creating policies, procedures and best practices related to the management of the department including performance reviews, interviewing and evaluating competitive intelligence products for purchase.
- Research, analyze and prepare reports on a wide variety of company, business, industry, markets and/or competitor data to support the firm’s business development and strategic initiatives.
- Provide research assistance to lawyers to support practice or client-related support as assigned.
- Coordinates and presents orientation and training programs for new RBI and BD employees as needed.
- Assist in efforts to market the BI’s service to the Operations Team.
- Works on special projects and performs other departmental duties as assigned.
- M.L.S. degree or advanced degree from an accredited institution or combination of experience and education.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in business or competitive intelligence positions and ten years' of experience in a professional services environment.
- A minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Able to think independently and pay attention to details.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal, leadership, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Highly tuned research and analysis skills, with ability to analyze data and draw conclusions and to provide actionable intelligence.
- Strong knowledge of competitive intelligence principles as they relate to law firms or corporate entities.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and distill information from diverse sources and deliver objective, meaningful insights in concise, compelling ways.
- Solid ability working withfinancial/business and industry specific databases and Microsoft products, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment as a lead team member and with employees at all levels of the firm
- Handle a portfolio of projects, many under tight deadlines.
- Self-starter with a strong ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently and a flexibility and willingness to work extended hours as required.
- Strong sense of urgency and professional dedication.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Location New York, New York, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular