Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated software manager in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence areas. This individual will be supporting and ensuring the successful execution of analytical, building, testing and deployment for key business initiatives. The candidate will also play a key role in technological decision making for future data, analysis and reporting needs. This will be a hands-on manager, experienced in data modeling, ETL design, and BI architecture.
For consideration in this position, you must be able and willing to provide mentorship, technical guidance, and contribute to project work through project management, requirements and design. A successful candidate must also have a track record of strategic thinking and independent problem solving.
- Work with stakeholders in identifying new data needs and delivery mechanisms for acquiring and reporting such information
- Design, develop and support all components of data warehousing/ODS, including ETL, databases, reports and reporting environments
- Responsible for mentoring and directing the scrum team with deliverables and activities in an Agile environment
- Manage budget and resource planning, including demand assessment and forecasting capacity needs
- Evaluate existing data integration processes for efficiency and recommend changes/improvements
- Work with product management and cross-functional teams to translate customer needs into data reports, data insights and extracts
- Maintain processes for making sure data are accurate and up-to-date represented in the reports
- Define and applies best practices for data and report management and constantly seeks methods for process improvement
- Cultivate a positive culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years’ related work experiencerequired
- Experience in working with large complex data systems to aggregate, organize, and preparing data for use in business analysis
- Strong knowledge and expertise in Microsoft SQL, T-SQL, and MS BI stack (SSIS. SSRS, SSAS)
- Experience in dimensional modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing techniques
- Management and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills; capable in conflict resolution
- Ability to effectively lead and/or facilitate a team of professionals from within and/or outside the department
- Strong project management skills, ability to influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving business environment while managing multiple/concurrent projects
- Strong verbal and written communication, and technical writing skills
- Cloud technology and experience, such as AWS Redshift or Azure, nice to have
- Knowledge of insurance or healthcare a plus