$80K — $100K *
Symetra has an exciting opportunity to join our Organization as a Business Intelligence & Integration Analyst!
About the role
The Business Intelligence & Integration Analyst will work closely with business partners to help identify data and reporting opportunities and architect solutions for data analysis of business information. This position will provide overall technical solutions and design for agile business intelligence. With a focus on operational analytics, the BI Analyst will play a role as a leader of a team providing critical data to our internal business partners to drive strategic and tactical decisions. In addition, the BI Analyst will play a role in architecting both Symetra’s current and next generations of our BI platform.
What you will do
• Implement business intelligence and advanced analytics solutions to achieve reporting and data analysis goals coordinating with partners and business analysts.
• Recommend and implement enhancements and modifications to optimize data model, data architecture, business intelligence and data governance processes.
• Responsible for solution design hands-on development, release management and implementation of business intelligence and data solutions.
• Coordinate with the business partners to identify new data requirements, analysis strategies and reporting solutions.
• Assist in data management, modelling, and integration activities in cloud native data warehouse system.
• Architect solutions based on specific project requirements, considering best practices and performance standards while promoting reusability.
What we offer you
We don’t take a “one-size-fits-all” approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better—both at work and at home.
• Flexible work program and telecommute arrangements
• Wellness program offering employees a variety of resources crafted to assist you in reaching and maintaining your optimum health
• Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
• Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
• Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
• Want more details? Check out our Symetra Benefits Overview
Who you are
• 5+ years of overall Data and Analytics experience
• 3+ years in a direct role as a data engineer, architect for ELT/ETL and Reporting solutions on SQL server enterprise data warehouse
• 5+ years of experience in: SQL, DAX, M, Python, or similar data related languages.
• Technical understanding with tools and products used in data mart and data integration development, such as SQL Server.
• Understanding of data architecture in a cloud environment (AWS)
• Experience developing integration solutions for Power BI.
• Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management in a concise and professional manner verbally and written, and possess superior people management and leadership skills
• May lead 1-2 analysts over time
We empower inclusion
At Symetra, we embrace and celebrate diverse experiences, identities and perspectives, because lifting each other up fuels thought and creates a stronger, more innovative company. Learn more here.
In a complex industry, we strive for clarity.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
Valid through: 9/28/2020