Business Intelligence Engineer (SQL Server)
The Business Intelligence Developerworks within the BI team on critical reporting and analysis initiatives. Reporting spans from custom requests to scheduled jobs to supporting our growing data warehouse. The developer must be able to communicate to business users the exact scope of metrics as well as the confidence and quality of the data in reports.
- Work directly with the business users to understand the reporting needs and lead business users to practical solutions.
- Help translate business requirements into specification documents to track and perform analysis of new and existing site features.
- Understand the necessity of data quality and requirement for confidence of accuracy of any reports.
- Develop/monitor/maintain new reports, procedures, data structures and databases.
- Design ETL processes for new and existing OLAP Data Cubes.
- Design data schema, perform data transformations and manipulations with efficiency and reusability in mind.
- Planning, conducting and directing the analysis of complex business problems.
- Advanced experience in SQL Server BI/Enterprise.
- Advanced experience creating and maintaining OLAP Data Cubes.
- Experience in working with medium size data sets (Billions of rows/Terabytes of data).
- Experience with building and maintaining ETL processes, Data Warehousing and Dimensional Modeling.
- Experience in working with various data sources (ODBC, flat files, etc).
- Experience working with and designing complex data schemas.
- Experience with SQL query performance optimization.
- Great attitude and desire to dive into raw data to understand trends in behavior.
- Excellent at multitasking who can execute multiple requests and reports under tight timelines.
- Inquisitive, self-starter, able to work autonomously.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented tactician who strives for perfection.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Additional desired experience
- Experience with Web Analytics (Adobe Analytics/Omniture, Google Analytics, Heap Analytics).
- Knowledge of a programming language (PHP, Python, ASP).
- Experience with SQL Server Administration.
- Knowledge of MySQL.
- Knowledge of WhereScape RED ETL tool.
- Understanding of basic statistics (confidence intervals, statistical significance, etc).