As a Business Intelligence Engineer with GSF Supply Chain, you will help identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve the efficiency of inbound supply chain network for Prime Now/Fresh and Pantry. You will be responsible for modeling complex/abstract problems and discovering insights through the use of statistical, data mining and visualization techniques. Further, you will help automate processes by developing deep-dive tools, UIs, metrics, and dashboards to communicate these insights in real time to the business teams. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with internal end-users, cross-functional software development teams, and technical support/sustaining engineering teams to solve problems, and implement new solutions.
The complexity of research and skills for this role is well beyond basic data entry and research. It involves complex analysis and diving deep into key metrics based on requests, building and maintaining multiple databases, knowledge of software applications to create tools, and understanding of multiple programming languages.
The following provides some detail of the job duties and responsibilities.
· Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
· Manipulate/mine data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, Oracle) using SQL.
· Manipulate/mine data from log files by writing scripts (ex. PERL, Python, UNIX)
· Develop analytical tools: deep-dive tools, UIs, metrics, and dashboards
· Perform deep-dives and root cause analysis to answer business questions
· Effectively communicate (written and verbal) solutions and methodologies to senior leadership
· Work with engineering teams to enable the appropriate capture and storage of data.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline.
· 3+ years of experience in using quantitative analysis.
· Experience with any/all of the following preferred: Ruby, Perl, Oracle, Redshift, SQL
· Graduate degree in Engineering, Logistics, or another quantitative field preferred.
· Experience with BI analytics/ reporting/visualization tools (preferably Tableau)
· Familiarity with supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, and logistics - gained through work experience or graduate level education.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role requires effective communication with senior management as well as with colleagues from operations and business backgrounds.
Job ID: 614631