Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Engineering
Less than 5 years experience •
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Business Intelligence Engineer, Data EngineeringHave you ever wanted to be a part of something BIG? Now is the time to make an immediate impact for a Leading Global Technology Company, MasterCard. The Business Intelligence Developer role will contribute to the design, development, testing, documentation and maintenance of reporting and analytic solutions using Qlik. You will also work with teams across the company to implement new data visualizations while maintaining the stability of the platform. You will be responsible for utilizing Qlik to transform data into visualized information. In addition, you’ll work within the Fraud Data Engineering team to grow their knowledge and expertise. You will get the chance to work with extremely large data sets and be on the cutting edge of transforming the way Mastercard captures, processes, stores and visualizes transactional data.
• Develop both internal and external dashboards using QlikSense
• Work closely with team members from across Mastercard to identify functional and system requirements
• Design, develop and implement datamarts with quality and integrity at the top of mind to support our products
• Create documentation to support knowledge sharing; including flowcharts and diagrams
• Provide oversight and guidance to our Data Engineering development team
• Read and interpret conceptual, logical, and physical models
• Understand data modeling concepts and their application: entities and tables, relations and constraints, attribute data types and column data types
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• 3-5 years of experience using QlikSense or related Business Intelligence technologies such as WebFocus, Tableau, PowerBI
• Deep understanding of high-performant data concepts such as file stores, wide column databases, key-value pairs, etc.
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Highly analytical with the ability to work independently
OTHER VALUABLE SKILLS
• Prior experience with; Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, Impala, HBase or other relevant Big Data technologies