At XPO Logistics, we invest over $450 million per year in technology and innovation so we can deliver world-class service to our customers. As the Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, adopting and implementing design SOPs, and keeping XPO on the cutting-edge of business intelligence solutions. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Lead discussions about BI solutions and reporting tools using information gathered while following the development life cycle
- Research user needs, confer with users, study system flows, data usage and work processes, and investigate problem areas
- Review and adopt changes for the operational feasibility of BI and reporting tools by evaluating the analysis, requirements, system constraints, solution developments and proposed solutions
- Ensure the architects/developers' review captures the user requirements and that they're sustainable and scalable
- Utilize scalable approaches, such as unit testing, integration testing and system-level testing, in support of the Quality Assurance (QA) team
- Ensure the user interface, system communication, design and implementation are on target and supporting the business
- Lead developmental optimization for reporting tools through modeling, simulation and analysis; design and implement data models and solicit feedback on operational impact
- Build reporting and BI tools in a Microsoft SQL Server environment, including SQL Server Analysis Services
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Some background education in Computer Science or Engineering
- 7 years of development experience with SQL Server and SQL Server administration in a clustered environment with replication
- 7 years of experience in relational data modeling, T-SQL and SSIS
- 5 years of experience with SQL Server performance tuning and query monitoring
- 1 year of experience with Microsoft SSAS and data warehouse design, OLAP cubes and MDX development
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to multitask and effectively prioritize work