$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
The Amazon Operations Finance team is looking for an analytical and technically skilled business analyst to join our team. This position will be responsible for developing metrics and reporting, conversion strategy analysis, and budgeting/costing functions for the group, including working with technical teams, legal, finance, and technical account managers to drive process improvement and track progress against goals.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer with operations finance, you will help identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve Operations and Finance facing systems and tools. You will be responsible for modeling complex/abstract problems and discovering insights through the use of statistical, data mining and visualization techniques. Further, you will help automate processes by developing deep-dive tools, UIs, metrics, and dashboards to communicate these insights in real time to the business teams. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with internal end-users, cross-functional software development teams, and technical support/sustaining engineering teams to solve problems, and implement new solutions.
The complexity of research and skills for this role is well beyond basic data entry and research. It involves complex analysis and diving deep into key metrics based on requests, building and maintaining multiple databases, knowledge of software applications to create tools, and understanding of multiple programming languages.
The following provides some detail of the job duties and responsibilities.
• Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
• Manipulate/mine data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, Oracle) using SQL.
• Manipulate/mine data from log files by writing scripts (ex. PERL, Python, UNIX)
• Develop analytical tools: deep-dive tools, UIs, metrics, and dashboards
• Perform deep-dives and root cause analysis to answer business questions
• Effectively communicate (written and verbal) solutions and methodologies to senior leadership
• Work with engineering teams to enable the appropriate capture and storage of data.
• Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline
• 3+ years of professional experience in web analytics, business analysis or comparable analytics position.
• Experience in designing and implementing custom reporting systems by managing or guiding technical teams.
• Experience with MS Excel, Access and SQL/SAS
• Experience in the development of pricing analysis
• MBA is preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age
Valid Through: 2019-10-17