Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
The Business Intelligent (BI) Analyst will support the Corporate Capture Office (CCO) and Strategic Initiatives Office (SIO) by participating in our business opportunities pipeline qualification processes, which includes Federal Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Sources Sought, Task Order requests on existing contracts, etc. Requirements for this role include monitoring business intelligence avenues of information; researching contracts, customers, companies, etc.; and providing support and analysis using Salesforce FedCapture and MS Office. While this is an early career position, we are looking for ambitious applicants with goals to move up in a dynamic environment.
• Maintain and manage all updates to the corporate Salesforce pipeline
• Track and qualify draft solicitations, live solicitations, or other opportunities of interest identified in the corporate pipeline
• Search for new opportunities through a variety of tools such as FBO, BGov, and GSA eBuy
• Organize, analyze, and synthesize content or data using Word, Excel, PowerPoint or other internal proprietary collaboration tools as necessary
• Conduct and analyze overall market trends and provide written and oral briefings to internal staff, external clients and trade publication representatives.
• Monitor task orders or other opportunities posted to existing IDIQ contracts
• Gather information for opportunities on corporate ID/IQ contracts; analyze that information; and produce reports based on the analyses (customer insights, competitive landscape).
• Participate in regular business development and/or pipeline review meetings
• Maintain corporate intelligence on competitors and teaming partners
• Support management in the selection and training of team-members, with keen attention to detail including outstanding grammatical skills.
• Stay abreast of industry and public sector procurement and policy trends
• Maintain communications between Business Units and corporate departments.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business development, federal government procurement or international market research. Advanced degree preferred, but not required.
• Minimum of 1-3 years professional experience in a government business development/sales function, market research/information collection function or field of public policy
• 3 to 5 years professional experience in data analysis, reporting, and Business Intelligence
• Experience with Salesforce Customer Relationship Management tool suite (desired)
• Familiarity with necessary defense contracting tools, including but not limited to: FBO, Bloomberg Government (BGov), GovWin, eCommerce)
• Excellent computer and Internet skills including MS Office, Sharepoint, Internet research or advance capabilities.
• Knowledge of government solicitation documents, including standard RFP structure
• Excellent client and personal relationship skills; team player: enthusiastic, hardworking and driven with a pleasant attitude
• Capable of independently managing time & tasks to accomplish content & product or service objectives
• Analytical skills with strong attention to detail
• Excellent research, written, and communication skills
• US Citizenship required
Physical Demands and Working Conditions.