The Director of Business Intelligence & Data Management has primary responsibility for setting the strategy and vision and for managing the day-to-day tactical operations of the Business Intelligence and Data Management team.
He/she will be responsible for all strategic, tactical, operational, financial, human, and technical resource managerial responsibilitiesassociated with the Business Intelligence and Data Management platforms.
Responsible for all data, tracking, insights, and forecasting across the suite of digital properties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Data preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration)
- Building and maintaining the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- BI governance/Data Governance
- Reporting, analytics, data exploration and data consolidation
- Establishing a self-service dashboard and reporting development model within
- Establish excellent relationships with internal business units to service their analytics and reporting needs.
- Information delivery (dashboards, portals, mobile)
- Establish BI competency center or center of excellence (BICC or BI COE) do drive self-service analytics
- Develop a program for advanced / predictive analytics
- Establish big data strategy for ongoing collection and analytics for clinical data
- Deliver enterprise performance management metrics, KPIs including enterprise scorecards and KPI dashboards.
- GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) aspects of BI and data management
The Director of BI will lead his/her teams by establishing and executing a vision for the delivery of information and analytics platforms and solutions to the business’s key stakeholders, including, internal staff, partners and clients. This position will be ultimately responsible for helping transform the company into a business that truly differentiates and competes on information and analytics.
- Clear understanding and a buy in into the company's business strategy
- Extensive expertise in data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, denormalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions/attributes.
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, etc.).
- Experience with relational - SQL - and multidimensional - MDX - query languages
- Experience with agile software development.
- Experience with business driven / self-service BI
- A solid understanding of data security and privacy technologies
- A solid understanding of key BI trends.
- A solid understanding of leading edge technologies and best practices such as Hadoop and Big Data
- A solid understanding of the Qlik Sense platform landscape
- A solid understanding of mobile delivery architecture and best practices
- A solid understanding of Customer Experience (CX) technologies
- Solid quantitative aptitude and effective project management skills. Ability to think analytically and strategize to solve problems.
- Extensive experience interacting with C-level executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience managing complex BI projects and teams.
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, sub-contractor relationships
- Experience in building and supporting BI/analytics/big data business cases
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven strong leadership skills within the project team and in the business community.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- A solid understanding of data security and privacy laws
- A solid understanding of CX best practices
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related field.
- 4+ years of extensive expertise managing Business Intelligence and Reporting teams in a leadership role
- 6+ years of progressively responsibleexperience with database, data warehouse, operational reporting technologies
- 2+ years of experience with Qlikview or Qlik Sense
- 2+ years of Experience with Microsoft SSRS, SSIS and data warehousing tools.
- 2+ years of experience working in the Healthcare industry in BI/Reporting role.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and seeking clarification when needed
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, review and analyze data identify and resolve problems, and use online systems/applications to support the work being performed
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to upper managements directions accurately
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external personnel
- Uses good judgment and includes the appropriate people in the decision-making process
- Ability to manage both day to day operations and project work
- Ability to exercise discretion with highly confidential information
- Must be proficient in multiple software programs, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Advanced Excel skills required.
- Strong project management skills