The Director of Business Intelligence (BI) is responsible for transforming data into actionable insights and maintaining the corporate data. You will lead a team of database administrators, business intelligence analysts and reporting analysts to execute the Enterprise Business Intelligence strategy including the ongoing build of a cloud-based Enterprise Data Warehouse. We are seeking a dynamic and strategic leader with great communication skills and experience in business intelligence, data analysis and data visualization techniques.
- Able to create and execute an Enterprise BI strategy and lead the transition to interactive reporting
- Lead and staff the BI team including hiring, supervision, evaluation, performance and developmental management
- Must communicate regularly and effectively with internal business partners to ascertain their needs and align the BI strategy with those needs
- Lead database development, management and maintenance
- Lead the Data Governance Committee and accurately communicate with key BI project stakeholders such as the Enterprise Data Warehouse Steering Committee. Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to a technical and/or non-technical audience
- Lead the Analyst Group, a community of users that interact with data to make informed business decisions. Provide the group with updates to best practices, ongoing training on BI tools and techniques, industry innovations and trends
- Manage vendor and internal support for BI projects to ensure on-time delivery within the budget. This includes reviewing, interviewing and selecting vendors, service providers and applications to ensure the BI strategy is achieved
- Coordinate the implementation and training of BI software and tools across the Enterprise including Power BI dashboards and interactive reports, Azure Analysis Services and SQL Services
- Support disaster recovery and business continuity efforts and is responsible for the maintenance and availability of the BI tools and environments
Change: Expecting change and proactively dealing with change. Making change part of “business as usual.”
Communication: Sharing information. Conveys ideas and facts in a way others will understand. Listens to understand others.
Critical Thinking and Decision Making: Examines data to understand issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems and makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
Customer Focus: Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization.
Financial Acumen: Understands financial matters and responds accordingly.
Innovation: Develops fresh ideas and solutions to organizational challenges.
Team Work: Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
Problem Solving Expert Effective Listening Advanced Analytical/Critical Thinking Expert
Thought Provoking:Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Enthusiastic:Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Bachelors or better in Management Information Systems or related field.
5 years:Must have excellent analysis, communication and collaboration skills including the ability to communicate key insights via graphical reporting software. Microsoft Power Bi or equivalent experience is a plus
10-12 years:Experience with MS SQL Server and experience with highly scalable data storage, transformation, movement and analytics services such as Microsoft Azure Data Factory is required
8-10 years:Experience in BI or a similar role including cloud-based data warehouse construction and operation. Must have created and successfully implemented BI solutions
4 years:Experience in a management role with multiple direct reports including experience managing enterprise infrastructure, business intelligence, data management and database development and maintenance teams. This experience must include budget authority
5 years:Preference for Insurance industry experience. Statistical training/education is not required but is a plus