At VyStar, we offer competitive pay, an excellent benefit package that includes a 401(k) Plan, an extensive paid technical and on-the-job training program, and tuition reimbursement--available to all full and part time employees. Part time positions start at a minimum of 30 hours per week.
We encourage you to become a part of VyStar Credit Union's family of employees.
Business Intelligence DeveloperACCOUNTABILITY STATEMENT The Business Intelligence Developer will help to provide high quality software technology solutions that address business needs. The candidate will provide support in the creation of efficient and reusable processes associated with the deployment and security of Business Intelligence deliverables and effectively manage business objectives through data analysis and reporting.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Design, plan, and execute software development to support strategic objectives.
- Create reports, charts, tables, graphs, maps, dashboards, scorecards and other visual aids that effectively communicate the results of the analytical research.
- Conduct performance tuning of reports and queries to meet response times required by the business teams.
- Develop and maintain enterprise data warehouse processes to support reporting initiatives including loading of dimensional data marts, building of OLAP cubes, and preparing visualizations using Power BI.
- Construct data models with a focus on Dimensional Data Modeling.
- Develop reporting solutions using SSRS.
- Develop cube design and development using SSAS.
- Demonstrate each of the following VyStar Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job.
- Focus – Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing your clients or member.
- Connect – Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate you care.
- Understand – Listen empathetically and ask questions (70% to 30%).
- Counsel – Recommend solutions based on your clients or member’s needs and objectives.
- Advance – Ensure that member’s or client’s expectations were exceeded.
- Verify necessary follow-up actions were completed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience required (i.e. Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Information Science) or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience building business Intelligence solutions (OLAP databases, reports, dashboards, scorecards) using Microsoft Business Intelligence technology stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and Power BI) in a medium-scale data warehousing environment.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 or Higher – Proficiency with BIDS (SSIS, SSAS & SSRS)
- Experience with Power BI or other visualization tool.
- Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel skills – Pivot Tables, charts & graphs, formulas, etc.)
- Strong T-SQL, ETL/SSIS, and SSRS development experience
- 5+ years working with SQL Server
- Familiarity with standard project management principles and guidelines
- Financial services industry experience preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience and solid understanding of fundamental Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse design and development methodologies and best practices.
- Extensive database development experience including programming complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Ability to develop requested reports/data using SSRS, SSAS, and other available data mining tools.
- Ability to follow and enhance software development standards (SDLC) for systems design, development, verification, and implementation.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and manage unstructured tasks within specific guidelines and time constraints.
- Knowledge of requirements gathering process and documentation structure.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation for newly created or modified custom applications.
- Ability to gain proficiency and earn certifications in new technologies.
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.