The Senior Report Developer and Analyst is responsible for the development and maintenance of reports and views utilizing the University of Rochester Medical Center’s Data Repositories, Warehouses and URMC supporting applications. This position will interact with multiple disciplines of the Medical Center including, but not limited to Research, Clinical, Financial, Quality, Imaging, Regulatory and Operations to insure reporting needs are met. Primary responsibilities include development of enterprise and ad hoc reports in Crystal Reports, SQL tools (SSRS/T-SQL), Epic Systems reporting tools and/or Tableau. Other responsibilities include security/user provisioning, adherence to change management and control, service requests intake documentation and process documentation. Assignment of additional projects and requests to perform analysis and programming addressing challenging tasks may be assigned as needed.
- Uses and refines if needed research, clinical, financial and business requirements related to reporting applications support for the UR Medicine eco-system of applications
- Develop enterprise reports or ad hoc analysis based on defined requirements for projects in SQL Management Studio T-SQL, Crystal Reports, Reporting Workbench and/or other reporting applications and software
- Develop complex logic for reports and data analysis using advanced functionality within Microsoft SQL tools (SSRS/T-SQL), Crystal Reports, Epic Systems reporting tools and/or Tableau or other reporting applications
- Understand and learn EMR workflows to translate between the transactional system and the data repository
- Utilize function calls, SQL stored procedures, multiple table joins, nested select statements and various SQL programming techniques to extract, structure and present data
- Perform proper testing and validation techniques to insure accuracy and integrity of reported or extracted data and document the unit test and validation processes used
- Support the maintenance of existing reports and data sets for interim system updates and major system releases while contributing to maintaining the report inventory
- Manage requests and/or components of larger projects with appropriate documentation and status reports
- Obtain and maintain Data Model and/or reporting tools certifications or training as needed and/or maintain current knowledge via self-study for reporting tools and reporting programming techniques
- Respond to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk
- Responsible for own work and contributing to the team, department and organizational results
- Provide on call support as needed for business continuity and operations
- Respond promptly to all problems keeping in mind the computing environment supports a user community that requires access to critical patient care and business information 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Assess and estimate requests to determine scope and effort required
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering and 3-4 years of related experience, preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters degree preferred.