TheBusiness Intelligence Developer will beresponsible for the analytics embedded in an online portal as well as the data quality indatabases that drivereports and analytics. You will work as part of a team to build and improve a world class analytics portal with primary focus on the frontend user interface andaesthetics and secondary focus on the data. You willbridge the gap between business users and the technical team as you conduct thorough data analysis, innovate, build screens,reports, and analytics, and collaborate with various teams to turn data into actional knowledge. You will also beresponsible for educating and training employees to use the data as an analytical tool and conducting usablility testing as part of continuous improvement of the platform. To succeed in this position, you must be creative, innovative, driven, loveworking with both people and technology, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own the analytics embedded in an online portal.
- Innovate by designing aesthetically appealing, interactive, and user friendly screens, reports, and business intelligence features.
- Improve usability of existing business intelligence.
- Understand and improve data quality and ETL processes.
- Bridge the gap between business users and the data in order to translate their needs into actionable insights.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, developers, dbas, and devops to design, implement, qa, and deploy solutions and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Ensure that new development is in the best interest for the end user experience, easily scalable, and completely tested.
- Contribute to the overall design, installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of company systems, monitoring tools, and related software
- Development and maintenance of dashboards and reports using BI tools.
JOB REQUIREMENTSQualified applicants will have a BS/BAdegree in information systems, computer science or a related field. The applicant must have a highdegree of technicalexperience with 3 aspects of business intelligence. 1. Understand data and design data marts. 2. Designaesthetically appealing, interactive, and user friendly dashboardreports 3. Bridge the gap between business users and the data in order to translate their needs into actionable insights. Be well versed in the following technologies
- A solid understanding of and 5+ years experience with one or more business intelligence, reporting and analytics tools (Inetsoft, Crystal Reports, and/or Tableau)
- Strong frontend BI design skills
- Dashboards, adhoc reporting, drill-down, filters
- Descriptive, prescriptive, and predictive analytics
- ETL experience
- Data mart and data warehouse design
- Advanced SQL
- Advanced problem solving skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES Preferred experience
- Large datasets (hundreds of millions of records, TBs of data)
- Scripting experience
- Revision control systems
- Process automation
- Agile development methodologies
- Service oriented mindset
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and orientation toward meticulous work
- Strong documentation and organizational skills