As a Business Intelligence Developer you’ll have the opportunity to use your quantitative and programming expertise while impacting company performance. The Commercial Lines Business Intelligence team is seeking a Developer to continue the development of business related tools / reporting and applications. Our core application, Intellicheck, is a highly visual auditing tool utilizing a SSRS interface with a unique SQL server database structure. This structure allows for hundreds of different rating tables to be stored in just a few SQL tables. This unique solution allows for the ability to quickly search thru the database and analyze differences between rating files and highlight exactly what has changed between these rating files.
- Ultimate goal is to build SSRS reports and dashboards based on high level business requirements to support Business Intelligence projects.
- End-to-end agile development methodology will be applied from requirements gathering to development, testing, implementation and ownership of end product.
- Partner with business customers to refine detailed requirements for exactly how to produce each report.
- This work requires the development of efficient data sources, SQL procedures and queries.
- Troubleshoot data issues and performance tuning of SQL queries
- Data transformation and logic should be applied to derive business metrics for the reporting.
Must have qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology or Business discipline or related field of study (e.g., Computer Science, MIS, Business Management)
- A minimum of 4 years designing/developing, programming and supporting software programs/applications
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 6 years related work experience with two years prior analysis experience with working knowledge of designing/developing, programming and supporting software programs/applications
What we also look for:
- Proficient in designing and implementing very large datasets and creating innovative visualization solutions.
- Proficient working with high volumes of business data along with the business intelligence tools. Able to design, develop and resolve technical issues as well as deliver complex, large-scale solutions.
- Thorough understanding of business processes and systems knowledge.
- Ability to work with algorithmic modeling techniques.
- Proficient in extracting, transforming and loading tools/processes (i.e. SSIS), multi-dimensional object creation (i.e. SSAS) and data warehouse creation/maintenance.
- SAS and SQL programming skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of application development life cycle, and programming languages.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to partner, influence, consult and collaborate with all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver communications (written and verbal) and presentations to audiences at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to hold complex conversations with senior leaders and present clear and logical arguments and rationales.
- The ability to work in a team-oriented environment and function as a technical resource.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities; exceptional time management and organizational skills.