General Summary: The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and supporting Business Intelligence (BI) front-end solutions. The position is also responsible for requirements gathering, constructing functional designs, communicating with team members and business stakeholders, and providing user support.
People or Process Management Responsibility: Works on multiple, complex projects as an individual contributor.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Design, develop and support of front-end solutions in Cognos
- Participate in for requirements gathering and project management activities of BI projects
- Provide BI front-end tool training to business users
- Promote BI solutions/capabilities to the business user community
- Interact with other BI team members, offshore team members, and cross-IT staff on support and project activities
- Interact with business users and business leadership to provide solutions to their reporting and analytical needs
- Assist with task identification and effort estimates for front-end development
Other projects or duties as assigned
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Cognos SDK, Cognos Metrics Studio, Cognos Event Studio
- Experience creating visually appealing reports for executive leadership and/or external clients
- Experience with TM1 or Cognos Planning Analytics
- Experience with Salient Margin Minder
- Knowledge of data warehousing and ETL concepts
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4 yeardegree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or in a related discipline
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience, particularly as a software programmer or business analyst
- At least 2 years of Cognos experience, with strong Cognos development skills, specifically around Framework Manager, Report Studio, Transformer
- Excellent SQL skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.