Newport Group has an excellent opportunity for a Business Intelligence Developer to be part of a team of software engineers to improve existing applications and help develop new applications to serve our ever growing number of customers. Our software engineers develop cutting edge technical solutions to solve needs in the retirement industry.
As a Business Intelligence Developer, you will be part of a growing team, building our next generation internet platform. Reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence, you will collaborate with users across the organization to support their data and reporting needs that will enable them to plan and grow their business. You will partner with business, QA, and product staff to deliver efficient, cost-effective, high-performing, and scalable solutions at a demanding pace.
- Developing, deploying, debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting BI analytical solutions.
- Install, configure, and upgrade Business Objects application suite, maintain patch levels.
- Monitor system performance and availability to identify and resolve performance issues tuning the Business Objects system for optimum performance
- Create advanced and complex reports using BO Crystal and Webi.
- Work with Business users to test and troubleshoot report issues, system slowness
- Ability to create and maintain universes and publish reports using the Business Objects tool set.
- Develop ad hoc queries, views, and stored procedures against SQL Server databases.
- Modifying existing reports and dashboards based on business requirements.
- Monitoring and responding to different tickets and defects.
- Managing and handling deployments into UAT and production environments.
- Lead and perform off-hours support as needed, and required to participate in weekly/monthly Release
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in BO Administration and report delivery.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing Crystal reports.
- Experience with Business Objects 4.1 & higher.
- Experience with query writing, creating complex stored procedures, and design views.
- Ability to understand pre-existing SQL codes generated by others.
- Advanced knowledge writing SQL queries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent work experience.