The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of BI reports, including working closely with customers on requirement gathering and support documentation. 3+ years’ experience developing and implementing enterprise-scale reports and dashboards, including: working with users in a requirements analysis role, extensive experience with data warehouse implementations and knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts. Proficiency with Cognos BI (preferably v10.x) product suite (Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query, etc.).
Required Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineer, IS or Business/Finanace with equivalent experience.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience.
- 3+ Years of Cognos experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the IBM Cognos 10.X suite of software with emphasis on Report Studio, Framework Modeling and Administration.
- Knowledge of SQL scripting including stored procedures, functions and Dynamic Data Language.
- Understanding of data warehouse concepts, data modeling and star schema.
- Analyze user requirements, prepare documentation and design functional specifications.
- Design and deliver end?user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Provide ongoing documentation and description of all BI and database systems is required.
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written), communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks as well as changing priorities.
- Proven ability to work independently or on a team as required.
- Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
Desired Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
- Experience with Cognos ETL Tools such as Data Manager / Data Stage.
- Programming / scriptingexperience and knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Familiarity with AS400, BPCS, Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Business Intelligence certifications desirable, preferably related to Cognos.
Equipment and Tools Used / Working Conditions
- LANS and networking
- Cognos Business Intelligence
- Framework Manager
- Query & Report Studio
- Analysis Studio
- Data Stage