ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide analytical, metric modeling, and reporting support to the Finance and Procurement organizations using some or all of the following methodologies:
- Develop, maintain, and enhance dashboards, reports, presentation layer objects, and the business management and mapping layers within the Oracle BI platform. Assist in development of Oracle data warehouse architecture including the design, development and implementation of the physical data model and reporting and data structures.
- Develop and establish the technical standards and checklists for report and integration development.
- Assist in developing detailed business and technical specifications based on project requirements and in converting business and technical specifications into data extraction/load programs.
- Develop and assist in implementing system and unit test programs for all development activity. Develop and implement processes to ensure that source system data is accurately represented in the final reporting objects of the Data Warehouse.
- Work with other application developers and operation teams to support non-production and production reporting environments including daily administration, batch processing, configuration management, environment migration, and tool automation
- Contributes to project schedules and status reporting.
- Document all phases of work including gathering requirements, joint relationship diagrams, database diagrams and other program technical specifications using current specified design standards for new or revised solution.
- Share in the responsibility of supporting production systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years experience in technical development with Oracle platforms (preferably OBIEE, Hyperion, or PeopleSoft)
- 3+ years hands-on experience in Oracle BI development with Oracle tools (OBIEE 11g or 12c Administration and Development, BI Publisher Report Development and Administration, OBIEE components configuration, Oracle BI Applications)
- BS in Computer Science or the equivalent technical education and experiencerequired
- Experience implementing ETL processes using Oracle Data Integrator in a production data warehouse, relational and multi-dimensional data modeling, including the use of standard data modeling tools
- Sound understanding of BI Best Practices/Methodologies, relational structures, dimensional data modeling, structured query language (SQL) skills, data warehouse, and reporting techniques
- Experience in business requirements gathering
- Knowledge of standard project development lifecycle concepts
- Experience managing and maintaining meta-data
- Experience using data cleansing, data quality tools
- Experience implementing technical solutions under tight time, quality, and performance standards.
- Committed to excellence; positive attitude, sense of urgency, meets deadlines and has an attention to detail
- Demonstrates a strong project management skillset - ability to execute flawlessly while handling multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to work and manage across organizational boundaries and lead cross-functional initiatives
- Quick learner with strong attention to detail