Under thegeneral direction of the Manager, Business Intelligence, the incumbent will beresponsiblefor the full lifecycle of Business Intelligence application development.
• Create and update SQL stored procedures used to drive data integration and reporting.
• Create, update, and document reports using SSRS.
• Create, update, and document reporting models to be used with SSRS Report Builder.
• Create, update, and document OLAP cubes using SSAS.
• Create, update, and document data mining models using SSAS.
• Create, update, and document ETL packages using SSIS.
• Produce accurate technical documentation of all projects, including project specifications and testing documentation.
• Provide data validation of new and existing queries, cubes, and reports as needed.
• Provide end-user training on cubes and models.
• Provide end-user support as assigned thru the Track-It! work order system.
• This position will also be involved in the design and implementation of the underlying dimensional data warehouse, including extracting data from our OLTP system through SSIS.
• Communicate effectively and professionally, in both oral and written communications, with all levels of personnel.
• Responsible for end-to-end delivery of Business Intelligence throughout the enterprise using a variety of BI platforms.
• Responsible for workflow, prioritization, and tracking of multiple projects.
• Requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Sets an example of professional performance.
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Education/Training
• Bachelors Degree in a computer science major or 3 years of relevant work experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Reporting Services
• Knowledge of Microsoft Report Models and Report Builder
• Knowledge of creating and supporting OLAP cubes, esp. with Microsoft Analysis Services
• Knowledge of MDX (MultiDimensional eXpression) language for cube queries
• Knowledge of data integration techniques, esp. with Microsoft Integration Services
• Knowledge of MS Excel, esp. pivot tables
• Knowledge of Data Mining algorithms and techniques
• Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Experience
• 3-5 years of experience creating reports in an enterprise SQL environment with a reporting tool such as SSRS or Business Objects
• 2 years of experience with dimensional data models and data warehousing
• 2 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server
• 1 year of experience with database administration Role specific abilities/skills
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to occasionally work extended hours.
Req/Job ID: 925987BR