This role requires initiative, independence and drive, an ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to perform a wide variety of duties. As adeveloper this position will provide critical businessreporting and insights needed to drive the business results.
- Design, test and deploy complex solutions using IBM Cognos Report Studio to meet business requirements.
- Develop ETL (Extract, Transform & Load) solutions using Data Manager and/or Data Stage.
- Create, enhance and maintain IBM Cognos Framework Manager Models.
- Validatereporting results against requirements. Troubleshoot and analyze data issues within reports.
- Work with business analysts/users/leadership in gathering and documenting business requirements into report specifications that are optimal to resolve business problems that will be used to determine the relevant analytics or reporting solution.
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
- Effectively use reporting and/or data visualizations to enhance the translation of data.
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented and followed.
- Manage multiple assignments, organize and prioritize individual workload in order to meet requireddeadlines with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Implements, Monitors and Maintains security in line with company policies.
- Determine ways to utilize system for continuous improvements and recommendations for updated methods (information, methods, cost reduction, etc).
- Collaborate with related teams for submission/prioritizing/testing of program requests, system and process improvements.
- Manage, support and adhere to goals and objectives consistent with corporate directives.
- Perform other duties as directed by Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, MIS or related field of study or minimum 2 years’ experience in business intelligence technologies.
- 2 or more years of experience with development using IBM Cognos Report Studio.
- Strong knowledge of structured query language (SQL).
- Experienced in Data Warehouse Design and Implementation.
- Experience with data manipulation, analysis and reporting including troubleshooting issues with applications and reports.
- Knowledge of indexing, query optimization and other performance tuning techniques
- Analytic skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data through complex analysis
- Proficient in Project Management.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong ability to work with cross functional groups to implement process improvements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, team leads, and work with users at any level in the corporation.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Experience with development using Tableau, SSRS, OBIEE, Qlik, Micro Strategy, etc.
- Strong knowledge of ERP system (preferably JD Edwards) data files and application management services.
- Job ID: 5006_20998