More information about this job
TDS Telecommunications Corp. (TDS®), a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., is the seventh largest local exchange telephone company in the U.S and a growing force in the cable industry. TDS provides 1.2 million connections to high-speed Internet, phone, and TV entertainment services in more than 150 rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities. For residential customers, TDS deploys 1Gig Internet access, IPTV service, cable TV options, and traditional wireline services. The company offers businesses advanced solutions, including: VoIP (managedIP Hosted voice), high-speed Internet fiber optics, data networking, and hosted-managed services.
The Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst position provides functional system support, creates operational tools, and develops reporting and analysis for all areas of the Network Operations organization (CLEC, ILEC, and Cable). This includes but is not limited to the following teams: Customer Repair, Field Services, Dispatch, Advanced Technical Services, Service Activation, Deployment, Provisioning and Assignment, Translations, and Circuit Design.
Provides day-to-day support of functional systems owned by Network Operations such as UTS, Metasolv, DSM, as well as home grown tools used by the Network Operations teams. This position is responsible to develop new tools to support operational initiatives. Works collaboratively with internal customers to gather requirements and build solutions to meet internal customer needs.
Develops reporting and analysis of data housed within systems to target opportunities for controlling costs, growing revenue, and driving operational efficiencies across all NO teams. Provides data and analysis to cross functional teams to support improvements of products and services and implementation of new products and services delivered to customers.
Takes a leadership role in cross functional teams including PAC/ORC projects to ensure back end systems are appropriately enhanced for business and process changes. Develops standards, processes and procedures, and training for system and tool enhancements. Leads projects to research and implement best practices and tools for data mining and analysis. Mentors team members and performs technical reviews of peer projects.
Senior Level support of systems and tools used functionally by the Network Operations Teams.
- System support includes issues related to automation, system functionality, improving efficiency related to the applicable system(s), or training end-users.
- Leadership role in projects including PAC/ORC projects related to systems/tools, upgrades, enhancements, releases.
- Creates design requirements, table updates, database administration, test plans, implementation and training plans, conversion review work, and report planning.
- In many cases system enhancements will be driven by the Network Operations team and this position may be called upon to be a project lead. In this capacity the employee may be called upon to review or research new systems/functionality
Develop and enhance operational tools for customers within and outside the department.
- Communicates collaboratively with internal customers to understand requirements and business objectives. Asks probing questions to uncover underlying business need and builds effective tools to meet the business need.
- Maintains a deep functional knowledge of system data structure and procedures to ensure tools developed are as effective as possible.
- Develops and documents procedures and trains users where needed on tool enhancements or new tools that are developed.
Develop/determine reporting needs related to the TDS network, resource efficiency, and/or other analysis. This may include report creation via Crystal Enterprise, Python, SQL, or other data analysis technologies depending on the needs.
Keeps current with changes in the telephone industry and ongoing initiatives in other TDS functional units.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) -OR- 4+ years professional work experience
- 4+ years of professional work experience in a lead role supporting the development of technical standards, or supporting a large database or computer application(s)
- 1+ year of Supervisory and/or Team Lead experience
- Advanced Programming/SQL Experience
- DataBaseReporting Experience
- Exceptional working knowledge of most NetOps Functional Systems and Tools
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Apache
- Experience using or creating web services
- A professional attitude and courteous manner toward clients, partners and staff
- Excellent & proven interpersonal communication skills (i.e., verbal, written, listening). Able to provide consulting to personnel and customers
- Proven ability to make timely and effective decision
- Able to make difficult decisions concerning complex issues often in areas where there is no precedent
- Ability to organize priorities to achieve maximum performance cost effectively
- Excellent PC skills – including key software programs
- Flexible personality and ability to multi-task a variety of projects with diverse groups
- Will be expected to travel as the job dictates the need