Our well-defined culture has strongly impacted the prosperity of our organization. Our foundational values of Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Collaboration, Agility, Equity, and Trust are at the core of our efforts and continue to shape the success of the AMA.
We have an opportunity at our corporate offices in Chicago, IL for a Business Intelligence Developer on our Information Technology team. As a Business Intelligence Developer you will design and develop solutions for Business Intelligence across American Medical Association as well as provide practical solutions to business needs.
- As directed under moderate supervision, create enterprise reporting and business intelligence solutions. This includes understanding the vision, gathering requirements, delivering solutions, training and documentation. Implement guidelines for the design & development, performance tuning, deployment and maintenance of reporting and business analytics.
- Liaison with other business, and IT departments to maintain performance of business intelligence solutions. Work with other IT departments to manage system capacity and to scale existing systems as necessary. Monitor industry sources for proven practices for performance, delivery and management of data.
- Act in an advisory capacity to business stakeholders. Assist with building prototype solutions as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration or related field or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experience in one or more areas: data warehouse, business intelligence, data analytics, big data, data transformation and data management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in development of solutions using range of specific technologies such as Informatica, SAP Business Objects, Tableau and Microsoft BI stacks.
- Experience working directly with the business to define Business Intelligence solutions is required. Must be able to understand and translate business requirements.
- Strong SQL skills are required.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.