The candidate hired for the position of Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible for understanding business needs and business requirements for Quality Management System (QMS) IT applications supporting compliance. The candidate would also be responsible for partnering with HCBG QMS and business transformation (BT) regarding information reporting, conducting data quality checks, training, and maintaining HCBG applications.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads definition on harmonized usage of HCBG QMS applications
- Contributes as a team member to enhancements and project teams
- Performs thorough analysis to identify potential impacts of QMS System changes
- Trains and transfers knowledge to other team members, users and stakeholders as required
- Proactively proposes solutions to improve the support of new and existing business processes
- Identifies as-is processes and to-be processes and maps QMSprocesses to SAP.
- Writes functional specification / requirement documents.
- Supports and leads project tasks
- Identifies key drivers of a defined problem and proposes solutions
- Identifies and solves problems using analysis, experience, and judgment
- Performs analysis, effective diagnosis, and regression testing of issues
- Selects the most relevant tools/techniques to meet compliance requirements
- Understands the benefits of using state of the art methods and tools and their application
- Builds strong relationships with Quality, Regulatory and Information Technology, including Business Transformation, partners
- Understands key QMS/business controls and impacts of changes caused by functionality, technology changes and changing needs
- Complies with professional and quality standards, complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in a private, public, government, or military environment in one or more of the following areas: data analytics, business analytics, regulatory, information systems, and/or quality management systems
- Experience using one or more of the following applications: SQL, Oracle, BOXI, Access, Excel, Lotus Notes, and/or SAP
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Informatics or related discipline from an accredited university
- Ability to work in a large, highly matrixed organization
- Strong organization skills and ability to juggle multiple requests
- Independent and self-motivated
- Flexible attitude and ability to work in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
- Customer service oriented and desire for continuous improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.