The Hartford’s Enterprise Data Office - Business Intelligence & Analytics Enablement team is seeking a Business Intelligence Associate to work closely with our businesses and technical partners across the enterprise to enable the implementation of end to end Business Intelligence solutions. In this full-time position, the Associate will help drive Community engagement, train customers and provide technical support, assist with Proof of Concept evaluations using modern self-service BI tools, and act as a BI&A subject matter expert. This role will provide the opportunity to research, learn and master the Business Intelligence + Analytics tools we support as they engage with various members of our community. We regularly participate in evaluations of new tools, which means that we are often some of the first people to use them and become the experts to roll it out across the company. The ideal candidate will have strong customer service skills, technical aptitude, natural curiosity, a willingness to learn and work towards making technical concepts understandable to business users. The candidate will need to think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and help drive a culture of delivering actionable data insights rapidly in a self-service manner. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide resident ‘super user’ BI&A tool expertise
- Train and advise analysts in areas including:
- Tableau development and visualization best practices
- Building data wrangling workflows
- Tools can include but are not limited to Alteryx, Trifacta, etc.
- Assist with Community Engagement activities
- Consult with business customers to develop strategies and governance practices that help move the business forward
- Provide process and technical BI&A solutions to the lines of business to drive best in class usage of the appropriate tools
- Own the creation of enterprise training materials for supported tools
- Provide line of business technical support to expedite the effective usage of tools
- Identify connection points across lines of business BI teams to drive enterprise problem solving
- Assist with the demand intake process and work queue
- Design, build, and maintain internal reports, processes, and analyses with a variety of business intelligence technologies (e.g. Tableau, MSBI, Business Objects, etc.)
- Ongoing assessment of the enterprise Business Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) landscape
- Partner with various members of the BI&A community to understand and document tool usage, total cost, pain points, value achieved through modern BI processes and tools
- Assist with new self-service tool Proof of Concepts and demos for business partners
- Assist with evaluation and rollout of new BI monitoring and/or self-service tools
- Evangelize modern BI execution and tool strategies to create a data driven culture
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- 0-2 years of hands on experience with business intelligence and analytics tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, Qlikview, IBM Cognos, Microsoft Business Intelligence (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), SAS, Business Objects, R, R-Shiny, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of data warehouse design and usage
- Experience with agile BI project delivery methodology desirable
- Intermediate level SQL skills highly desirable
- Training material creation and delivery
- Natural curiosity with a strong desire to learn, maintain, and apply knowledge of emerging BI&A tools, strategy, methodology, and general best practices
- Strong team player that has a direct approach and is solution oriented
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively in an ambiguous environment on multiple concurrent projects
- Highly analytical person with exceptional conceptual thinking skills equally comfortable coding and interacting with business partners
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms to effectively interface with all levels of management.
- Entrepreneurial spirit - self-motivated, strong sense of ownership/accountability, and results oriented with the ability to manage time and schedules effectively
- Customer focus: Strives to give customers the best service and takes the initiative to add value
- Property & Casualty insurance industry experience a plus.