Title: Business Intelligence Consultant
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Duration: Full Time
Summary: At client, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
National Compliance is responsible for overseeing client’s policies, processes, people and systems and partnering with business leaders to identify and mitigate financial, operational, legal, regulatory and reputational risks facing the business unit. The Consultant of Business Intelligence is a subject matter expert among a team of professionals that analyzes complex business problems and issues using internal & external data to provide strategic business insight. This role identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets for reports and analysis using system reporting tools.
- Analyze complex business problems using data from internal and external sources to provide strategic and actionable business insights with the overarching goal to reduce operational risk across the enterprise.
- Execute the vision and strategy for the analytics team that creates and maintains ad hoc and recurring analytics for the Compliance organization.
- Participates in cross-functional teams of technical & business partners, including senior stakeholders, to identify business risks and create analytics and dashboards to monitor trends and detect outliers.
- Leverage statistics to interpret trends and patterns in datasets to locate outliers, construct forecasts and recommend monitoring solutions for business partners.
- Use technical experience and background to develop and leverage the long term analytical data solutions, relevant analytics and exception reporting.
- Communicate results by developing dynamic and visual reporting that clearly communicates trends and statistically significant anomalies in the context of the business problem.
- Leverage strong business acumen, presentation and communication skills to create and present analysis in a relevant, consumable, meaningful, and insightful ways.
- Collaborate and strategize with otherBusiness Intelligence professionals to share analysis, solutions, data structures and resources to minimize redundancies and improve efficiencies across the organization.
- Act as a subject matter expert on SQL, BI Tools, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Build collective team skillsets by training and overseeing development of other Sr. Analysts.
- Present findings and analysis to senior leadership team.
Qualifications Must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Business, Finance or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years of experience in a reporting and analysis role with strong quantitative and analytical skills and a proven track record of turning large amounts of multi-faceted data into meaningful information.
- Experience using relational database systems (data warehouse) and optimizing SQL queries. Teradata or SQL Server (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS) databaseexperience is required with strong skills in writing advanced SQL functions and procedures.
- Knowledge of data modeling and data driven decision making is desired using statistical software (such as R, SAS, SPSS, Python is preferred).
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools is required (such as Tableau, Cognos).
- Experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a database and programs to manage data analysis efforts.
- Expert knowledge of Excel as an advanced modeling tool and PowerPoint for effective presentations.
- Awareness and desire to work with complex data analytics, data products, and Big Datatechnologies.
- Project experience with the proven ability to work on multiple projects concurrently leveraging excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Experienceworking with cross-functional teams to create specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs.
- Experience providing business-related/and or technical subject matter expertise on large, highly complex reporting projects and business analytics to support management, multifunctional departments, staff members, and peers.
- Experience providing mentorship and/or training to other team members.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate business-related/and or technical subject matter expertise to IT peers, Business Partners and executives; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and influence large teams and functional leaders.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- An advanced degree.
- A Business Intelligence Certification.
- Proven ability to plan for and manage numerous processes and ad hoc projects simultaneously, effectively prioritize tasks and meet customer requirements for timeliness and accuracy.
- Telecommunications experience.
- High level of curiosity and investigative mind-set with an attention to detail and accuracy along with a passion to learn new techniques with enthusiasm.
- Passion for Data technologies and how they will change business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to explain confidential and complex issues and make recommendations to leadership.