The Business Intelligence Technical Lead heads a team to develop enterprise class business intelligence and analytical solutions that utilizes BI technologies primarily SAP Business Objects Suite and BW.
The successful candidate will have the ability to think and plan at a strategic level and have the technical expertise and communication skills needed to set the BI strategy for the organization. This will include analysis of complex issues, evaluation and selection of existing and new SAP technologies, and leadership of cross-functional teams to meet or exceed users’ requirements.
This position is designed to assemble strategic insights within the Information Technology group. This position will also provide technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, documenting, testing, deployment, maintenance, and enhancement of current systems / applications and enable new innovative solutions within the SAP-BI environment.
- Lead the BI team to define project objectives and establish project approach
- Contribute to business development through leadership activities
- Overall responsibility for the SAP-BI solutions and delivery
- Oversight and accountability for other BI solutions and technologies.
- Validate and translate business requirements and high level design into the appropriate BI toolsets.
- Manage projects as required to meet business needs.
- Manage the development of Business Objects reports, dashboard and analytical solutions.
- Work with the broader BI team to advance BI reporting and usage across business functions.
- Coordinate with appropriate teams to manage version upgrades of software and system.
- Effective at managing outsourcing relationships and related support model.
- Define and maintain project timelines for the delivery of all SAP BI related technical and functional
- Manage and plan project budgets, including controlling expenses and keeping the annual budget on an
agreed upon level.
- Manage full time employees and third party consultants both on-shore and offshore to successfully
- Measure individuals’ success, properly utilize talent, resolve conflicts, and generate a culture for the
teams to thrive and exceed expectations.
- Strong knowledge of SAP-BI tools; SAP-BW 7.4+, BEx, Analysis (OLAP/Office), BOBJ Suite.
- Experience with the HANA platform with BWoH and/or native HANA and sidecar solutions.
- 7+ years of experience with SAP BI.
- 3+ managing professionals within the BI technology space.
- 10+ years of overall professional IT experience, including 6+ years of SAP experience.
- 3+ years of strategic planning experience.
- 3+ years of project management preferably with sales, marketing and/or finance customers.
- 3+ year knowledge of BPC/BI/BO data connections and queries.
- Experience in implementing and managing projects using agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; refined verbal and written communication is a must.
- Experience working in an international, multicultural, and virtual team environments.
- Experience in working with business executives and end-users to define, analyze and resolve technical and business problems.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
-SAP, BI, ERP
- Ability to keep a neutral position and effectively manage time critical, high complexity issues
- Ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Ability to thrive in a complex, changing area with multiple competing priorities
- Customer-oriented with a high level of understanding of impact on production activities
- Prior experience in configurable manufacturing industry.