usiness Intelligence (BI) Architect
at Echo Global LogisticsChicago, IL
Business Intelligence (BI) Architect
Define overall BI Data Architecture that encompasses ETL processes, Operational Data Store, Enterprise Data Warehouse, and Data Marts. Develop a roadmap for Enterprise wide BI reporting, and a supporting analytics platform. Participate and guide in proper tool selection for BI roadmap. Workwith Data Team Director and other architects to ensure logical, physical, and conceptual models support analysis needs for the business. Be a guide for all initiatives in a the BI sphere. Collaborate with key business stakeholders in realm of continuous improvements of data management and delivery.
Essential Position Functions
Principle Accountability | Team Membership
- Active member of a data team that solves BI problems, establishes standards, and enforces them via processes, tools, and properly communicates any standard changes.
- Assist Data engineers, other architects, and team leads in proper development of BI components, including ETL processes, design, POCs, etc.
- Act as a liaison between business users and the data team
- Act in the interest of the overall team
- Actively work on broadening knowledge and adding technical skills
- Seek help only after appropriately attempting to solve a problem
Principle Accountability | Data Quality and Governance Operations
- Understand concept of MDM and has proven record in establishing or being part of analyzing, and establishing Master Data Management systems.
- Understand how to engage business, leverage different technical techniques in establishing proper Reference data Mastering concepts with Technical and Non-Technical audience.
- Identify key data elements in business areas covered by the data warehouse (ODS and DW)
- Has established record in highly scalable, ODS, EDW, Data Marts solutions that also encompass Near Real Time features.
- Proven record for best practices designing and implementing ETL solutions
- Proven record in analyzing, preparing, and designing brand new reporting tools/solutions
- Design, code, test and able to document new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs.
- Development of the semantic layer, meta-data, reports, and report definitions.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on BI products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Ensure data is used consistently across all data marts, warehouses, ODS.
- Mentor and/or provide leadership to junior members of the team.
- Ability to trace data through multiple systems and processes
- Propose data quality initiatives to the data team and business stakeholders
- Advocate good data quality and increase awareness among data producers and consumers
- Participate in building and enforcing Data Quality processes to ensure good data quality onenterprise level.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Business Systems or other quantitative field, or equivalent years of experience
- 6-8 years of experience working with Echo and/or equivalent logistics experience highlydesirable
- Proven track record (6-8 years) working in a fast-paced environment, on time sensitive projects that require:
- Experience as a BI Architect implementing a successful BI Framework and solution for one or more organizations from the ground up
- Clear and timely communication of key information deemed critical to project success
- Organizational skills required to balance risk and priorities
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile methodologies required
- Advanced communication and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to effectively work withbusiness leaders at all levels.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office productivity suite applications (I.E. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Lastly, this position is hands on (prove that you know all of the above). It does encompass the architecture role, but it is also expecting a hands on effort - assuming you will drive solutions from beginning to the end.