Job ID: 25776
Business Intelligence Architect
- Each employee at the Medical Center has a critical role in delivering the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understands how he or she contributes to the health system?s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
- The Business Intelligence (BI) Architect exemplifies the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (WFBMC) Values and Code of Conduct, while striving to identify and mitigate compliance risk through department led risk assessments, system monitoring, periodic audits, and reporting any identified violation to Legal Services and Corporate Compliance Departments.
- Full alignment with the vision, mission and values of the WFBMC organization are expected in every aspect of this job.
- Ensures immediate action is taken on any issues identified through a self-assessment or by Legal Services or Corporate Compliance; that policies are developed or revised as necessary; and that efforts are made to ensure a positive and compliant work environment for all employees.
- Responsible for the technical and functional integrity of business intelligence solutions while providing guidance to consumers at the enterprise, program and project levels.
- Ensures solutions are thoroughly tested and signed off and approved by the customer prior to promotion to production. Works closely with the Data Architect to ensure that logical and physical data models support the analytics needs of the business.
- Interfaces with all areas of Information Technology and Services to keep customers and patients our number one focus.
- Provides guidance, leadership and solid execution of business intelligence architecture strategies for enterprise-wide analytics and reporting platforms. Makes sound architectural recommendations to support the implementation of the BI product roadmap.
- Focuses on all aspects of Business Intelligence Architecture including Data Currency, Federation, Integration, Cleansing, Mining, Security, Quality, and Consumption.
- Bachelor's degree in Information technology and five (5) years of directly relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Director of Business Intelligence & Reporting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Certification desirable but not required.
- Responsible for design, creation and/or recommendation of BI solutions to maximize the potential of institutional data assets. Establishes and maintains the guidelines, standard models and methodologies for creating BI solutions and documentation.
- Acts as a center point of technical escalation during a project lifecycle as it relates to technical business intelligence design and functional decisions.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for analytic and data visualization software packages.
- Assists with the scoping, identification and creation of project documentation such as functional and technical specifications.
- Responsible for product documentation delivery from planning to final sign off by stakeholders.
- Maintains expert knowledge of all technologies applicable to job responsibilities. Assumes responsibility for self-education about constantly evolving technologies.
- Shares knowledge regarding new technologies within workgroup and in other areas in the Information Technology and Services department as applicable.
- Coordinates the investigation, resolution and follow up to system related problems. Collaborates on system design conflicts.
- Develops standard reports, extracts, data cubes and functional dashboards based on business requirements.
- Maintains and further develops existing BI solutions.
- Safeguards protected healthcare information from unintentional disclosure in compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to conceive and portray the big picture of the data and analytics landscape.
- Expert level of proficiency in SQL query syntax, data cube (OLAP) and data ETL methodologies.
- Superior ability to translate user requirements into functional and technical specifications, wireframe designs, draft and final products.
- Expert experience with data visualization and analytics tools.
- Must demonstrate significant knowledge of project management from project initiation and scoping through project activation and closure.
- Experience with full life cycle of business intelligence solution development.
- Experience in using SQL to profile data.
- Strong initiative and proven ability to work independently.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Strong sensitivity to customer service.
- Must be able to consistently deliver results and serve as a role model to peers in the workgroup showing professionalism, organization, and customer service through all facets of the job.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of leadership in a concise, clear and timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and conflict.
- Familiarity with change management.
- Fast paced agile work environment.
- May be exposed to/occasionally exposed to patient care settings.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Handles emergency or crisis situations.
- Subject to many interruptions.
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours.
- Occasional pressure due to multiple priorities.