As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Business Intelligence Architect for Resolution Life US
Resolution Life U.S. position focused on managing the company’s data needs. Technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of data, then process, design and present it in ways to help people, businesses, and organizations make better decisions. Provides subject matter expertise around current and emerging data tools. This job will involve influencing leaders across the business including IT, Operations, Finance, and Risk.
- Lead the design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex data systems and solutions
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical data models to support data analysis and business intelligence
- Create and maintain current- and target-state data architectures
- Define and manage standards, guidelines and processes to ensure data quality
- Ensure technology solutions are in alignment with data architecture principles and target state
- Oversee end-to-end data life cycle management activities
- Work with IT teams, business analysts and data analytics teams to understand data consumers’ needs and develop solutions
- Experience in Agile deployments and methodologies
- Integrate administrative systems from future acquisitions into this new data standard
- Support administrative system conversions through the development of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Support data audits
- Incorporate financial controls and governance into the data process
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to relate architectural decisions and recommendations to business needs
- Experience with database technologies (e.g.,SQL, NoSQL, Oracle, Hadoop, Teradata)
- Experience with ETL and other business intelligence tools
- Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology including AI
- Experience developing reference architecture, principles and standards
- Energetic self-starter that can succeed even when the scope of work is not well defined
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and work with diverse project teams
- Data Modelling to design operational and analytics data stores, AWS Data services such as DMS, Glue, Data Pipeline, Data Lake Formation, Dynamo DB
- Knowledge of predictive analytics & AI based solutions as it pertains to data structures
- Some knowledge of Annuity and Life Insurance
- Ability to manage and negotiate competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to do what is needed for projects to be successful
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.