As a BI Architect / Analyst, you will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, organizing, and evaluating data to measure and predict project, departmental, and organizational performance. You will also design and implement related data management strategies and solutions.
- Designs, develops and implements reports, dashboards and advanced analytics models for Haskell project delivery and support groups
- Works with business partners to define and refine business analytics user requirements. Develops and executes work plans based on user requirements
- Defines business metrics and KPIs mathematically, computationally, and in plain English
- Works with data stewards to improve source-system data quality to facilitate analysis and integration with disparate company data and external data sources
- Promotes an understanding of business analytics at Haskell and facilitates the adoption of self-service analytics tools, including advice on interpretation, presentation, and visualization of results
- Maintains and enhances SQL Server Analysis Services model through the integration of new data sources and the addition of new measures and perspectives
- Supports, tunes, and troubleshoots Haskell's Enterprise Data Warehouse and related systems.
- Identifies and corrects data quality issues in source systems and data warehouses or data marts.
- Provides day-to-day support for users of Haskell's Business Analytics applications
- Establishes, maintains, and adheres to quality application development standards and practices.
- Invests in professional and technical skills development to stay current with technology platforms, analytics techniques, and best practices.
- Maintains, supports and upgrades Power BI Service and Report Server (SSRS) environments
- Establishes and maintains system documentation
- 10% Travel required to visit regional offices and attend industry conferences and training events
Education/Experience: B.S. Computer Information Systems or related field or related experience plus three to five years of professional work experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications, Etc.:
- Strong knowledge of business analytics and data warehouse fundamentals
- 3 – 5 yrs. experience supporting and implementing business intelligence solutions
- 3 – 5 yrs. experience working with PowerBI/ SSRS or similar business intelligence toolset
- Ability to work with complex and large volumes of data and database applications
- Expertise in building SQL queries, scripts, and ETL processes
- Knowledge with the following tools and technologies:
- SQL Server 2008R2 or newer
- SQL Server Analysis Services, Tabular Modeling, DAX
- Microsoft Power BI
- SQL, Star-schema, and other Data Modeling tools
- Microsoft Excel, XML, JSON, and other non-database sources
- Self-directed, able to manage and prioritize multiple and competing challenges and issues
- Excellent verbal, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and execute the company vision and values of Team, Excellence, Service, and Trust
Haskell is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities). All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Haskell is a drug-free workplace, all applicants who receive conditional offers of employment will be subjected to pre-employment drug testing.