About the role:
You are bilingual in both “business” and “data” and like to solve real-world business problems by developing data-driven solutions. You are a hands-on person that finds the challenge of analyzing complex and disparate data exciting. You feel equally comfortable heads-down in data and heads-up leading cross-functional projects to completion. You will be a leader in a high-caliber team responsible for leading various analytical initiatives to support business growth. At AdRoll, we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, and we’ll trust you to collaborate across teams, form intelligent opinions, and help others make good decisions throughout the company. In this role you will be a leader within the analytics practice to establish consistent and scalable measurement strategies and execution across the organization.
- Analytical powerhouse: You possess a robust analytical skillset with a strong attention to detail that allows you to be self-sufficient in prototyping and implementing various analytics projects. Genuine excitement and passion for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information and insights that drive business decisions at all levels.
- Structured thinker: Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans to facilitate alignment on key strategic decisions among various stakeholders and reach actionable answers without analysis overload.
- Proactive: Capable of autonomously seeking out information, corralling resources, and delivering results. Know that done is better than perfect and continual iteration is important. Ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing business.
- Good communicator: You are concise and on-point and able to communicate findings in a structured and clear manner both written and verbal to cross-functional colleagues and executives.
- Team player: Able to lead across business functions quickly and work with a diverse set of stakeholders in a fast-paced startup environment. This is a great opportunity to work with leaders across the company including Sales, Marketing, Partnerships, Product, Engineering, and Finance to understand all aspects of AdRoll to support and inform decision-making for transformational business initiatives.
- Solution Creation (20%)
- Strategic analytics lead on key pieces of the business; owning measurement plan development, performance tracking, methodology execution, and insight presentation to support decision making, business planning, and key initiatives.
- Collaborate with functional and regional leads to collect business requirements to understand their analytical needs and turn ambiguous data/reporting requests into defined analytics projects.
- Solution Delivery (80%)
- Manage analysis of robust and granular data sets to develop actionable deliverables (segmentation, scorecards, dashboards, ad-hocreports) to explain what happened and why in clear terms communicating insights and constraints.
- Communicate concise data points, trends, and measurement strategies to a diverse audience and collect feedback to refine future analysis.
- Actively manage project scope, requirements, and dependencies for on-time delivery.
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience developing and implementing analysis to solve business problems.
- MBA or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent experience.
- Strong spreadsheet data manipulation, modeling, and charting skills (Excel, Google Sheets).
- Proficiency in Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tools (Tableau).
- Be passionate about digital advertising and marketing in general.
- Prior success managing multiple high-impact, fast-paced, collaborative projects delivered to senior management.
- Experience with data manipulation and statistical tools (SQL, R, Python).
- Business Operations or Program Management experience at a consulting firm or high-growth startup/technology company.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule.
- The opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel award.