About the role:
You are bilingual in both “business” and “data” and like to tackle real-world business problems by developing solutions that are driven by data. You are a hands-on person that finds the challenge of analyzing complex and disparate data exciting. You are equally excited working by yourself on data analysis and working with others on cross-functional teams. As a key member of a high-caliber team responsible for leading various analytical initiatives to support business growth. At AdRoll, we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, and we’ll trust you to collaborate across teams, form intelligent opinions, and help others make good decisions throughout the company.
- Analytical powerhouse: Possess a robust analytical skill set with proven attention to detail that allows you to be self-sufficient in prototyping and implementing various analytics projects. You are motivated by developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information and insights that drive business decisions at all levels.
- Structured thinker: Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans to facilitate alignment on key strategic decisions among various stakeholders and reach actionable answers without analysis overload.
- Can-do attitude: Capable of autonomously seeking out information, corralling resources, and delivering results. Know that done is better than perfect and continual iteration is important. Ready and excited to learn on your feet.
- Good communicator: Concise and on-point and able to communicate findings in a clear and structured manner both written and verbal to cross-functional colleagues.
- Teammate: Able to work with a diverse set of partners across business functions in a fast-paced startup environment. This is an excellent opportunity to engage with Sales, Marketing, Partnerships, Product, Engineering, and Finance to understand all aspects of AdRoll to support and inform decision-making for transformational business initiatives.
- Solution creation (20%):
- Strategically analyze and support key pieces of the business; own measurement plan development, performance tracking, methodology execution, and insight presentation to support decision-making, business planning, and key initiatives.
- Collaborate with functional and regional teams to collect business requirements to understand their analytical needs and turn ambiguous data/reporting requests into defined analytics projects.
- Solution delivery (80%):
- Run analysis of robust and granular data sets to develop actionable deliverables (segmentation, scorecards, dashboards, ad-hocreports) to explain what happened and why in clear terms.
- Communicate concise data points, trends, and measurement strategies and constraints to a diverse audience and collect feedback to refine future analysis.
- 4+ years relevant experience designing and implementing analysis in order to take on business problems.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Spreadsheet master in data manipulation, modeling, and charting skills (Excel, Google Sheets).
- Proficient with Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tools (Tableau, Zendesk).
- Comfortable with SQL
- Passionate about the digital advertising and marketing in general.
- Prior success executing multiple high-impact, fast-paced, collaborative projects delivered to senior management.
- Experience with data manipulation and statistical tools (Python).
- Experience with CRM platforms (Salesforce).
- Business Operations or Program Management experience at a consulting firm or high-growth startup/technology company.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule.
- The opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel award.