The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst works closely with business stakeholders to understand and pre-empt their reporting requirements, configures the business intelligence platform(s) to enable the business to obtain the reports they require, and create specialized reports for the business (as needed).
- Works closely with the Business Intelligence Lead in developing plans for creating BI capabilities from data strategies through report generation and visualization
- Provide support for creating budget and resource reports for the Business Intelligence Lead
- Manages the design, creation and extension of business intelligence platform(s)
- Gathers analytical, reporting, and visualization requirements from business stakeholders, and orchestrates effective delivery (initial request, configuring self-service reports, creating new reports, and exploring reporting capabilities of source applications
- Provides guidance to business stakeholders on determining appropriate usage of creating a real-time dashboards, generating a report, or request for a new cube
- Clearly understands business requirements to establish where the source data is stored, amend the extract transform and load (ETL) layer, and amend the meta data layer to reflect requirements
- Supports the creation of new reporting facilities
- Creates specialized reports for the business, including gathering requirements from the business, designing and testing the reports with the business, and producing the final required reports
- Follows the latest Application Services framework and methodologies
- Manages the ongoing maintenance of business intelligence platform(s)
- Proactively identifies/pre-empts new (or makes changes to existing) reporting facilities
- Supports the change of reporting fields as appropriate to ensure the business can obtain the reporting view they
- 3+ years of reporting experience working with business intelligence and data visualization software
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical experience designing professional reports and dashboards
- Experience with visualization and business intelligence software (Tableau or XL Cubed are a plus)
- Experience with Yardi or any other Real Estate Property/Accounting/Asset Management system
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365 suite (strong excel skills a plus)
- Bachelor's degree with a technology focus and Accounting experience is a plus.
Ventas, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.