Drives business requirements into technical solutions by working with business users on access methods for data for analysis and reporting. Converts business requirements for operational data into technical implementation. Interfaces with user departments to understand data needs, translate technical concepts into non-technical language, and collaborates with others on enhancing the database for future needs.
Optimizes data warehousing, as the main repository of TriWest's historical data and corporate memory. Creates the structure to convert the raw data into decision support system for management. Performs complex queries and analyses on data, including data-mining, while preserving system efficiency. Collaborates with IT technical staff on ensuring data is traceable, data is not over-written or deleted, is retained for future reporting, and successfully integrates data from multiple TriWest on-line systems, housing data in a consistent form. Optimizes data warehouse for reporting and analysis purposes, training users in the mechanics of data access.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or any other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years experience in a Business Analyst or data analysis role.
- Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, SSRS, SAS)
- Experience with process flow documentation and design
- Moderate SQL development skills
- 2 - 5 years experience in a healthcare environment
- Experienced Tableau user
- Experience with statiscal analysis tools (e.g. SAS, R, etc.)
- Clinical analytics experience
- Call Center reporting experience
- Healthcare Claims reporting experience
- Experience developing Tableau dashboards
- Experience with geo-spatial analysis tools (e.g. ESRI)
- May lead project team assignments of moderate scope requiring expert technical skills or good understanding of business functions. Coaches, mentors and trains team members.
- Key member of business insights team requiring expert technical skills or good understanding of business functions. Documents the reporting process; works collaboratively with team members.
- Responds under short turnaround times to provide data and answer detailed questions on data and trends.
- Effectively educates end users on what reports mean by telling the story behind the report.
- Develops, delivers and maintains quality IT solutions to support business processes, in line with IT guidelines and architectures.
- Balances clients'business requirements and preferred technical architecture. Recommends creative and innovative solutions to business or technical problems. Provides client support for operation systems consistent with service level agreements (SLA's). Ensures work is technically sound and in compliance with established quality and timeliness standards.
- Simplifies or eliminates low value-added work processes.
- Takes active steps to increase understanding of client's business environment, priorities and processes, and emerging technology issues.