Tradesy may look like a fashion company, but under the surface we're a micro-economy that runs on data. From product, to marketing, to finance, to trust, every department at Tradesy relies on data to make business decisions. As a business intelligence analyst at Tradesy you'll work with teams across the organization to understand data needs, develop robust business intelligence data sources, build reports and visualizations to answer key business questions, and contribute to our strategy for data collection.
You'll partner with marketing, product managers, and executives to tackle challenging problems such as analyzing listing metadata to understand supply and demand, monitoring user behavior to understand the impact of product features, measuring responses to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, and tracking inventory to understand the efficiency of our returns operation. In addition, you'll work closely with our data pipeline team to ensure that our data sources are complete, consistent, and reliable.
As a key member of our decision making process, you’ll be solving problems and enabling our organization through data visualization, to figure out tomorrow’s puzzle. As we evolve, so will your responsibility. You’ll never answer the same question twice. You will dig into the data, driving insight that will directly help us win our market. You willwork withan amazing group of people who believe in solidarity, honesty, autonomy, results, and excellence.
- Troubleshoot and reconcile data issues and potential impacts, educate people on definitions and structures, work to resolve and communicate issues
- Audit, modify, and document existing reports to provide consistent and reliable metrics across various sources
- Consult with people to gather needs, objectives, feature requirements and deliver reports
- Drive, design, and create innovative visual analytics to help aid in the identification of patterns, trends, and anomalies (i.e. interactive dashboards)
- Assist with data mining and analysis on team project initiatives
- Innovate new ways to improve existing reports and daily functions
- Get into the action right away, take ownership of your projects and deliver on time
- 4-6 years of experience working on SQL (Redshift or BigQuery preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in Tableau
- Experience in Google Analytics and Google Data Studio a plus
- The ability to communicate stories/ findings from data clearly
- Strong understanding of data and how it relates to the business
- Flexible and able to switch between tasks depending on changing priorities
- Ability to audit and reconcile data across various systems
- Audit and mine datasets for data anomalies, and develop data governance strategies and dashboards
- Data modeling and warehouse experience to transform user data (preferred, not required)
- Ecommerce or retailexperience.
- Knowledge of or interest in designer fashion.
- Experience with data analysis using programming languages like R or Python.
- Experience working with large volumes of event data to analyze user behavior.
- Competitive base salary plus meaningful equity
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Daily catered lunches
- Dog friendly office
- Collaborative, fun team